Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Web Server upload questions - How is the data posted?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Web Server upload questions - How is the data posted?
bugnuker
Post Web Server upload questions - How is the data posted?
on: January 7, 2014 (GMT)

Hello. I am a developer who is into cars. I recently bought your app and I have been playing around with it. I love that you have the option to upload logs to my own server. However, I am trying to find out the format of this data upload. I am guessing you are doing a post to your web server. I could go the long way, and use some packet sniffers or create my own server and catch the packets, but I was hoping I could stop by here and possibly get the data format for the log upload. I am trying to create my own server for this data. Thanks!!

frodus
Post Re: Web Server upload questions - How is the data posted?
on: January 7, 2014 (GMT)

these might help:

http://torque.ip.v6.me.uk/

and

https://github.com/econpy/torque

bugnuker
on: January 8, 2014 (GMT)

Awesome! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thanks again!

frodus

If you come up with something, let me know. I would like something for my own webserver. I have linux hosting on godaddy and would really like to have my own interface.

Good luck!

bugnuker

I will try to re-write this using .NET (c#) and host on Azure cloud services. I’m not a Linux guy. My mail goal is to not have my personal information on a server that is not mine, and to start using HTTPS so the packets are encrypted. I will reply here if/when I have something.

Thanks again!

aguspg
on: January 29, 2014 (GMT)

Hi there, I’m trying to do the same thing here.

I’d like to post Torque’s variables directly from the Android device to the Ubidots service. I could put a service in the middle to receive the data logs and then send them to Ubidots’ API, but it isn’t clear how the data can be received.

I see that the above examples still need Torque’s website to work. Any ideas about how to send the data directly to your custom server?

Thanks!

huubje06@gmail.com
on: March 18, 2014 (GMT)

Guys,
any progress on this?
Been trying to get this working on my server but it looks like im missing the skills…..Hope you guys have more luck (and skills) than me!

harvest
on: June 15, 2015 (GMT)

This thread looks to be dead, did anyone ever figure out the format of what’s posted to the web url in Torque?

.NET Developer

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.

Follow me on twitter