Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » volvo 850 '95 turbo

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: volvo 850 '95 turbo
corraggio
Post volvo 850 '95 turbo
on: December 8, 2013 (GMT)

hello,

i tried the app on my 1995 Volvo 850 turbo but i get the message that the ECU doesn’t respond!

Is this because the car is to old?
if so is there a solution to this problem.

kind regards
corraggio

blademage
Post Re: volvo 850
on: December 9, 2013 (GMT)

Hi!

probably your Volvo has OBD, not OBDII.

see: http://www.obd-2.de/volvo-diagnose.html

if your car has this connector, the output is analog and can’t be read by a non Volvo-specific OBDII device.

I once had a ’96 855 2.5 20V (B5254), it had an OBDII connector and the analog connector. The only thing to read from the OBDII connector was the voltage. Fault- and Servicecodes were only readable via the analog Connection (reading fault codes can be done without any device).

pete from cessnock
on: February 13, 2016 (GMT)

Hello,
I have a 97 volvo 850 in australia and only have the obd2 in front of the gear selector no code reader in the engine bay and torque wont read or connect to car.

michaelc
on: March 25, 2016 (GMT)

I have a Volvo 850 GLE (Australia)and can connect to the ECU (Protocol 3), but I don’t get any fault codes (engine light on) or any real time data. Anyone else seen this.

Mike

Jeffn
on: September 18, 2016 (GMT)

Same here. Volvo 850 , 1996.
OBD2 in front of gear selector.
Bluetooth device connects ok but no real time info or code reading

Australia

Deafjoe
on: March 4, 2018 (GMT)

Quote from michaelc on March 25, 2016
I have a Volvo 850 GLE (Australia)and can connect to the ECU (Protocol 3), but I don’t get any fault codes (engine light on) or any real time data. Anyone else seen this.

Mike

Hi, have you using “Troque” apps ? because not effect to 1994 and after year on Volvo 850 turbo but try download “Car Doctor OBD” apps and my 1994 volvo 850 turbo work in “car doctor OBD” apps it clear out engine maintenance for good.
hope good luck

from Deafjoe

Deaf work all life on all auto and truck mechanics cert. and plus welder pro certs

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.144 seconds.

Follow me on twitter