Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Clone adapters - Currently many that dont' work on CANBUS

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Clone adapters - Currently many that dont' work on CANBUS
blown maloo
Post Re: Clone adapters - Currently many that dont
on: February 26, 2017 (GMT)

i have found out my road navi s160 is not BT 4 compatible (only BT2 )
so that is way it wont work on the BT 4
if i got a OBDlink mx wifi adapter do i need wifi reception
24/7 to make it work what if i have no internet or phone reception ?
as i do a lot of out back driving i dont want to loose the connection in the middle of no ware
people i talk to say it deeds receptions ,what the good of wifi with no reception in the bush ?

Australia FNQ

blown maloo
on: April 7, 2017 (GMT)

hi have a 2015 PX1 ford ranger 3.2 diesel auto wild track
using Torque Pro with all the gauges towing 3.2 ton caravan
i have tried several dongles over 2 years
the ones that work the best in the ranger are the ( V GATE I CAR 2 WiFI ) and the BAFX Bluetooth for android ( but its very long )
the VGATE ICAR 2 WiFi is a mini 30mm long so fits any were
the others i have 3 ether dont work at all or only read some pids ( info ) all so the WiFi one works great WITH NO phone or WiFi reception con try to what i was told by phone tecs that i would need WiFI reception or hot spot.
if your head unit is WiFi compatible it will work fine
hope that helps some one
cheers Bob

Australia FNQ

iwl
Post ATMA -> OK Faulty ?
on: September 2, 2017 (GMT)

Hi,

If my adapter returns OK on ATMA, is this an indication of an faulty one?

The Spec says it should print the messages then and return to Command mode printing OK when anything is sent to it.

I have choosen CAN wit ATSP6.

iwl
on: September 4, 2017 (GMT)

NO,

my ELM327 v2.1 returns OK on ATMA
but prints out any CAN-Message after that, actually

atsp6
atcra000 may be atshxxx also
atma

is needed, that is stopped not by any key but an full command like ati

It is a very cheap Ebay Bluetooth ELM327 and seems to work.

Since it speaks the uds protocol = obd over can, the first can byte is the length and if that is less than 7 the bytes after are allways printed as 00 whatever was in the can message, so you can’t transparently log can, first byte must be 7 ore more, may be that can be changed with some other at commands

All_Torque
on: February 1, 2018 (GMT)

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I’m hoping someone can help.

I’m running Torque Pro on a Nexus 7 in-car installation, which is communicating over Bluetooth with a basic clone ELM327 Bluetooth adapter (version 1.5 IIRC).

Given that I leave the adapter plugged in permanently, AND that they have somewhat generic PINs associated with them, is there a risk that someone else could easily pair with the device (which identifies itself as an “OBDII” device), and potentially read my ECU codes (or worse, actualy try and write to it?) If so, is there any easy way to reset/change the factory PIN assigned to the device, to make it harder to pair with? Am I being paranoid? Or is the PIN reset thing just “assumed knowledge”?

Hope you can help.

Michael

deilenberger
Post .99 and it works fine
on: July 7, 2018 (GMT)

.99 and free 2 day shipping for Prime. Works fine with 2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJPHEBO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Gear head/computer-geek
Can be found – same username – on various BMW and Porsche forums.

Wiebenor
on: August 15, 2018 (GMT)

Just want to let yall know that my adapter I bought from the ‘EEEkit’ seller on walmart.com appears to be in working order and working with my vehicle, which is a 2004 buick regal… bluetooth adapter information below…

Adapter Brand: Konnwei
Adapter software version: 1.5
Device Bluetooth MAC is: 23:32:02:05:89:86
*edit/add* the unit supposedly supports all known protocols

Device Design: black plastic body, with a red rubber grip ring on the end, labeled with the brand name Konnwei in the rubber… it also has 3 tiny LEDS on the end under a power button…

Again… this adapter works currently on a 2004 buick regal, plugged in semi-permanently… anyone else have this adapter, and had problems with it I’d welcome commenting, but for now I would label my device and with no information to the contrary, the Konnwei brand as working…

Also… to those who have a v2.1 model, I’ve read online that if they have a v1.5 software, it is likely real, and v2.1 is likely a very dangerous and/or buggy fake device…

rudsaki
on: September 20, 2018 (GMT)

OBDPRO Scantool USB does not work well with my 2005 Volvo S60.
Get a protocol error when trying to run “Test Results”
It severed CanBus communication to the automatic transmission making it stuck in neutral.
It disabled all traction control and anti-lock braking.
A restart brought these back.

I have a 2004 Volvo with no issues.
I have run this adapter on a 2009 Ford Escape and 2010 Mustang with no issues.

Could this be a torque issue?

dermaxem
on: November 7, 2018 (GMT)

have a “ELM 327 mini” (supports all ODBII protocols) but the “connection 2 adapter”-Icon in the app plays “ping-pong”.
Running the latest android app on a brand new Huawei Mate 20 pro.
Guess/seems that the adapter is crap.

Any 1 can link to a Adapter that defenetly works propper in a Audi?
And i will NOT disconect my cars battery!

F250
on: April 21, 2019 (GMT)

Just got 2 ELM 327 mini interface “supports all OBD II protocols” they have blue quality control sticker. I have 4 1998 fords a f150,250, explorer, and explorer sport the adatets will not communicate woth any of them…so what adaptet do i need?

mrbreezeet1
on: July 29, 2019 (GMT)

Quote from admin on October 17, 2013
Hi!

There are a lot of clone adapters that currently don’t work on the CANBUS protocol (the fastest protocol that every new vehicle currently uses).

This means that there are a lot of users not able to get their adapters working with their newer vehicles (and unforutnately end up rating Torque poorly as a result)

You may find that your dashboard lights up like an xmas tree when one of these adapters causes issues or goes faulty – you can reset this in extreme cases by disconnecting the vehicle battery for 5 minutes (make sure you check the handbook for the correct procedure and note down any radio codes needed/etc). Most of the time turning the ignition off/on clears the problem.
If you have an adapter that’s done this I would strongly recommend not using it

CANBUS is most commonly used vehicles from 2007 onwards (though can be used before 2005 on some manufactures)

If you have a vehicle from around this age in the EU/US then it should be working with Torque (as it is required to support OBD2) – if you are not able to connect to the ECU in this situation then your adapter could well be the issue (as there seem to be currently a bad batch of clone adapters doing the rounds)

I’m likely going to put a note in the app about this as well if a clone adapter is used, as a large number of users are having issues with them. Unfortunately I’ve not been able to narrow it down to a specific type of clone yet.
Do you think this one will work for me?
Android Bluetooth Adapter (It was only about .00 off ebay.)
I will be using it mostly on my 2002 Olds Alero.
Maybe a Friends 2011 little chevy.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/OBDII-ELM327-Code-Reader-Android-Bluetooth-Adapter-Auto-Scanner-Diagnostic-Tool/283558820367?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
I don’t know, I am not seeing my posts. Maybe they need approval.

Steve_P
on: June 17, 2021 (GMT)

Why are my posts all blank and blocked?

Jadugniko
on: July 24, 2021 (GMT)

Hey!
So clone form kingbolen elm327 v1.5 Bluetooth
Is work with canbus protocol and it can penetrate Suzuki ECU
But it’s only work in SZ Viewer A1 (I’m still unsure and not tried the other one)
Torque does support canbus protocol BUT these no model 3xxx or above.
That’s the reason why I hate torque app.

(apologies for bad English)

Suzuki Ertiga
Toyota all new Avanza 2018
Kingbolen elm327 v1.4 bluetooth.

babe
on: November 29, 2023 (GMT)

<div class=”quote”><p>Quote from mike.alberga@gmail.com on July 4, 2014
ok, I have a Vgate off amazon. It does not pair with TorqueLite or TorquePro. I don’t know who to be pissed at…

I don’t see any responses to any questions from the developer.

Everybody is asking which dongle works.

DEVELOPER RECOMMEND A DONGLE FOR YOUR SOFTWARE.

2004 HONDA </p></div>

It has been almost a decade since you reported that.
I’ve brought their latest adapter last year,
basically it works fine, but for some technical questions they just refused to admit it,
so stubborn.

Bigshawn
on: December 4, 2023 (GMT)

Get the BAFX one from Amazon, I’ve had it for at least 5 or 6 years no troubles at all.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.055 seconds.

Follow me on twitter