Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Clone adapters - Currently many that dont' work on CANBUS

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Clone adapters - Currently many that dont' work on CANBUS
padgett
Post Re: Clone adapters - Currently many that dont
on: January 19, 2015 (GMT)

Guess I am just lucky but then only have two OBD-II vehicles, a ’07 Crossie (ISO 14230-4) and a ’12 Jeep (Canbus). My GM cars are pre-96.

I do use the mini in the Crossie since is very close to my leg and a longer BAFX in the ’12. Both have been in place for over a year and seem to sleep when the power is off.

Orlando

giulianolorenzon
on: February 10, 2015 (GMT)

Hi all. I have a obd2 usb cable from lonelec. Has anyone one and can help me? Thanks

Turbo T
on: February 17, 2015 (GMT)

HELP … anyone have experience with the BAFX PIC18F2480 Bluetooth OBD2 adapter?

Turbo T
on: February 23, 2015 (GMT)

Reply to self … YES, this works fine with Samsung S5 and 2000 BMW 540, 2008 Toyota Tacoma and 2014 Lexus RX350.

Capp777
on: February 23, 2015 (GMT)

Quote from Turbo T on February 23, 2015
Reply to self … YES, this works fine with Samsung S5 and 2000 BMW 540, 2008 Toyota Tacoma and 2014 Lexus RX350.

End Quote.

Glad it worked for you. (I have purchased
5 BAFX adapters and 1 OBDlink MX adapter
all of which have performed properly with
Ford PWM and Jeep ISO vehicles).

dkexp
on: March 6, 2015 (GMT)

Just one question about this clone devices:

Can one of these cheap adapters broke a car ECU?

I’m saying this cause got issues with my Golf mkIV using this device: When torque + adaptor synchronize my car just shut down its engine…

TIC engineer

Capp777
on: March 6, 2015 (GMT)

Is your adapter reporting errors?

Have you set the correct protocol in
the vehicle profile? The auto search for
protocol may be causing issues?

Some cheap adapters work for some protocols
but may not work for others. There is a README
thread which tries to assist with connection
problems.

Is your vehicle fully OBDII compliant?

http://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=5048.0

drama
on: March 24, 2015 (GMT)

I have a 2004 350z 6-spd VQ35DE. I would like to work with some who can program and/or help me to figure out the PIDs for my car to get the Air/Fuel and any others working for my car using this app. Any attemps at helping me get more PIDs to work is also welcomed.
P.S. Moderators if your willing to take the time to help i will try anything you can think or source any info you might need and i WILL NOT dissappear on you in the middle of trying to figure it out either like alot of people do when you try to help

drama

I have a 2004 350z 6-spd VQ35DE. I would like to work with some who can program and/or help me to figure out the PIDs for my car to get the Air/Fuel and any others working for my car using this app. Any attemps at helping me get more PIDs to work is also welcomed.
P.S. Moderators if your willing to take the time to help i will try anything you can think or source any info you might need and i WILL NOT dissappear on you in the middle of trying to figure it out either like alot of people do when you try to help

thermobaric

So,

The mystery video I couldn’t find about how to tell the junk from the better adapters for torque is here http://www.amazon.com/gp/review/R27K431037FE3E/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00OMT6UEK#R27K431037FE3E. Unfortunately, I chose poorly. Hopefully others will not.

Happy Tinkering,

Thermobaric

stefansp
on: April 1, 2015 (GMT)

Hi All,

I’m having a bit of a problem with connections and not sure if someone can help. I love the Torque App, but since changing over to a Microtech EFI LT10C standalone ECU, I cannot seem to have my ELM327 connected to the ECU. The ECU only has CAN HI and CAN LO as well as +5V and Ground outputs. Are these sufficient to run Torque? If so, what kind of adapter would you suggest that I use?

Really getting frustrated trying wiring different adapters to the CAN HI & CAN LO and would appreciate some advise.

Thanks in advance.

Stefan

bazsound
on: April 3, 2015 (GMT)

Just got an Ifoxtek,

after ordering it i read up on OBD adapters and in particular on this site.

Now im worried about connecting it to my car. 2004 peugoet 307 2.0 hdi.

didnt come in a box, just a sealed anti static bag with ziplock, came with a half sized cd rom which my computer doesnt seem to read.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/iFoxtEK-Bluetooth-Scanner-Diagnostic-ELM327-G/dp/B00MFESRE0/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

anyone tried this? theres not many amazon reviews but the ones that are there from germany say that it does work.

Edit :

decided to take the risk. Adapter showed power on connecting with ignition off. Paired with phone fine, torque connected fine (free version)

started engine.

some sensors are not supported. But was able to get engine speed, MAF reading.

so going to purchase full app.

dem3500
on: April 14, 2015 (GMT)

Quote from dkexp on March 6, 2015
Just one question about this clone devices:

Can one of these cheap adapters broke a car ECU?

I’m saying this cause got issues with my Golf mkIV using this device: When torque + adaptor synchronize my car just shut down its engine…

I have a similar issue. I have a 2002 jetta mk4. I can get real time data no problem. Out of 20 or 30 tries I have only been able to get fault codes twice. The code is a engine speed sensor so I know its a real live fault. When I try to reset the fault the car won’t start. I have to disconnect the battery. The adapter I got was from a us seller on eBay saying that this is the adapter to get to use with torque. I have yet to try it on another vehicle

nosha
on: April 15, 2015 (GMT)

I have bought the ONLY (at present) wireless adapter sold on ebay co uk for only £9.99 and it work perfectly!

I would suggest keeping clear of the mini blue versions, mine is the larger black model with an orange sticker and five led’s.

steve863
on: May 23, 2015 (GMT)

hey guys i got a cheap connector off of ebay and it connects to mu girls 08 chevy impala but wont connect to my 03 gtp can anyine help..egansteven0907@gmail.com

acontije
on: May 26, 2015 (GMT)

Hi all

I have bought clone elm 327 adapter and I have torquepro app but I can`t connect with ECU in my car, it is Nissan Almera N16 1.5 QG15, it seems that I need some custom init because it works with honda crv and peugeot 206, I tried in this car too. Can anyone help me with my problem to connect bluetooth elm327 and my cars ecu?? any suggestons…

minnie
on: October 25, 2015 (GMT)

The connectors from China are garbage.Connected to the ECU no, adapter error count 0 other faults 1. Connected to adapter, yes.. Also check here!
http://www.incardoc.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=84#post252

minnie
on: October 26, 2015 (GMT)

Only nice thing about aliexpress you’re 100% covered. You think you’re an idiot because it doesn’t work, but the point you’re missing is, it doesn’t work. Nothing you’re doing wrong. I’m trying a second vendor. I’ll post back the results. Any car 1996 and above should work with a elm327.

minnie
on: October 27, 2015 (GMT)

Second one came today, same thing. Hooks up fine, no communication from the ECU. Seller did send a link to youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYx-TJqAvcc
Great. Thanks. That works with real ones not knock offs….. Ordered 2 more, different vendor, will post back.

minnie
on: November 6, 2015 (GMT)

Next set came, different day same crap. No communication to the ECU. Screw it, ordered 2 BAFX http://www.bafxpro.com/obdreader/ no problems what so ever. Communicated to the ECU just fine.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.069 seconds.

Follow me on twitter