Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Bluetooth 4 / BTLE dongle?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bluetooth 4 / BTLE dongle?
johncallas
Post Bluetooth 4 / BTLE dongle?
on: September 4, 2013 (GMT)

Hi!

Any idea whether someone has started manufacturing Bluetooth 4 / BTLE OBDII dongles?

-John

Kdb4
Post Re: Bluetooth 4 / BTLE dongle?
on: May 6, 2017 (GMT)

I bought the Bluetooth 4.0 BTLE OBD-II from Amazon that is called LELINK. It works fine on my Samsung galaxy Note 5 with Leafspy and OBD-Fusion apps, butt I can’t get it to work with Torque. Does anyone know when torque will have support for the LELINK ?

sdg
on: July 5, 2017 (GMT)

First post, be gentle.

I just wanted to say I’m in the same situation: I purchased a LELink BLE adapter; it runs fairly well with EnglineLink on iOS, but I’m missing the auto-connect-on-entering-the-car and multiple file data log abilities of Torque.

I tried connecting to the adapter with Torque Pro on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, but did not succeed — I cannot actually pair the phone and the adapter (probably because it’s BLE and doesn’t require, or even support, pairing), and Torque would only offer a connection to a previously paired BT adapter.

I would be really grateful if someone could share information about whether BLE adapters would be supported, and especially whether Torque will automatically connect to such an adapter when it is in range.

Thanks in advance!

piemmm
Administrator
on: December 29, 2017 (GMT)

Hi!

Support for BLE devices /should/ be in the next beta, all going well

bsculley
on: March 26, 2019 (GMT)

I am running Torque Pro on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 with Android 7.0.

I’m trying to communicate with an Adafruit Bluetooth LE device, but Torque never connects to the device.

The device name shows up when I select the OBD2 device, and I get a confirmation message that it was selected, but the blue light on the Bluetooth device never comes on. Other Android and Windows apps are able to connect, so I know it’s not the Bluetooth device.

In the Torque adapter status information, under connection to adapter, the status is “No – connecting to: [device name]”

Am I missing something? Does Torque work with BLE?

Thanks.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.046 seconds.

Follow me on twitter