Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » I need Usable data

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I need Usable data
meicalnissyen
Post I need Usable data
on: August 31, 2013 (GMT)

greets.

i have a speed 3/galaxy S4 with the MJ pids loaded, and actually working (thanks to Olivier)

To change this app from a pretty gauge, to a usable tool, I need to be able to graph my fuel pressure, and view the graph, preferably on my laptop.
that means I need to store a 60 to 100 run in 4rth gear, then look at the data.

I would be most appreciative if someone would post a step by step tutorial to obtain this data

while I’m sure many will disagree, I myself have absolutely NO use for all the easy links to 0-60 1/8 mile fuel trip distance crap. none.
it would, however be worth 50 bux easy, if it did what a dashhawk did…………….. Ian??

frodus
Post Re: I need Usable data
on: September 3, 2013 (GMT)

Torque already does this. You can either log these values to a file, or log them to the webserver and then login with your laptop. you need to choose which one you want to do, then go into settings and go to “data logging and upload”.

Select what to log, set your options that you want, check “upload to webserver” and then “show your torque ID” and enter in a user email address. Go log something by going to the display screen and hit Menu. Select “start logging”

Then log into:
http://ian-hawkins.com:8080/

Else you can email the logs, or access the torque log on your phone by connecting and navigating to the torque directory and viewing the log files.

meicalnissyen
on: September 5, 2013 (GMT)

Please understand that I truly appreciate your response.

that said, I caught an aneurysm reading your post.

I have a win 7 Laptop

If ,

If. I owned a xp 32 bit machine, We would not be having this conversation, because I would be looking at a very nice graph of the data I need, generated by my crappy old dashhawk. assuming I could get past the failing LCD screen

that said, I need to buy a cobb access port, or one of the 300 dollar obd2 tools

I started computing with win3.10

IF
it was made to datalog, this app would be usable

it is not
IF
some kind soul would care to walk me thru the many steps needed to get from

“GRAPHING”

to an actual bar graph on my 64bit win7

displaying a fuel pressure run from 3K to redline in 4rth gear

I offer ten bux to your paypal acct

please email your instructions to meicalnissyen@yahoo.com
no sense posting here

I will remiit as soon as I see my graph on my acer

and may i again reitteriate my disdain for
“trip average in litres/100km”

and other useless shit

scythefwd

Go into the data logging in settings and select what to log and where to put the file. Hook your phone or tablet up to your computer. Browse to the file and copy it to your computer.

You can graph anything in spreadsheet form using office (most any office program has been able to do it for decades).

He told you how to upload it to a webserver.. the answer is in front of you in his post. Grab your tablet or phone, open up torque, and look in the settings… look for the things he told you to use.

frodus

Please understand that I truly appreciate your response. that said, I caught an aneurysm reading your post.

I put it as basic as I could.

I have a win 7 Laptop
If. I owned a xp 32 bit machine, We would not be having this conversation, because I would be looking at a very nice graph of the data I need, generated by my crappy old dashhawk. assuming I could get past the failing LCD screen

The webserver will work on any device with a web browser. It doesn’t matter whether it’s win7 or winXP or android. You log into http://ian-hawkins.com:8080/ and log in with your torque ID and email address.

that said, I need to buy a cobb access port, or one of the 300 dollar obd2 tools

No you don’t. You can use the OBD2 dongle you’ve got, and if you set torque up correctly (as I’ve explained), it will log.

it was made to datalog, this app would be usable

it is not

Yes it is, that is one of Torque’s main functions, to data log and display at a later time, using the webserver.

some kind soul would care to walk me thru the many steps needed to get from

“GRAPHING”

to an actual bar graph on my 64bit win7

displaying a fuel pressure run from 3K to redline in 4rth gear

I offer ten bux to your paypal acct

please email your instructions to meicalnissyen@yahoo.com
no sense posting here

I will remiit as soon as I see my graph on my acer

You can use anything with a web browser as long as you’ve set torque to Data log as I explained above. All you need to do is go to the webserver and login.

OR

If you want an excel file, then find the log file as I explained above. Then use Excel or other spreadsheet software on your ACER to create your own graph.

meicalnissyen

K, thanks again to both responders
first, I was selecting graphing from the home screen and seeing data there, but not reliably. eveidently I was in the wrong place.
second
in the past, I have selected a value, hit start and made a runhitting stop. then plugging the unit( cobb ap, dashawk) into my PC pulling a csv file and viewing it, any
“webserver” involved would be sharing results on a forum.
so after the third webserver emailpassword reference I glazed over

I have gotten to the settings/>datalogging&upload
I selected (after wading thru yards of 42-77 mph time)
fuel rail pressure
which I have set as a realtime gauge, reporting in psi

the log appears to be all set to record pid 23min/max0-60 unit

kpa

why is that??
is that a fault in coding, and the logged units will actually read in PSI?

third
you mentioned picking a pid, and a place to store it.

I see no way to select a destination folder.
is there a default folder I will be able to find after I plug the phone to the laptop?

4rth
will open office be able to recognise the format torque uses?

5th
the finest data refresh rate is a tenth of a second, thats still pretty coarse, could easy miss knock retard events

Thanks again

I am going thru this because my dashhawk has a dicey lcd screen, and moreover the software won’t work on anything newer than XP sp3 and my old PC is kinda non booting

meicalnissyen
on: September 6, 2013 (GMT)

huh,
so i did a test run
going thru settings did not work to “start” logging
so I reverted to the “graphing ” tab
where the KPA has reverted to PSI
selected line instead of scatter
and that locks you into time on the x scale…………aceptable in a very narrow application range
chose fuelrail pressure for Y and blasted a few gears
low and behold I have a graph, which, in truth, even on the phone is usable, though, I can only zoom the x , y is fixed
so,…. get it off the phone…
“share”….
k, I shared it with myself.

( do people really tweet 100 kilometer fuel economy logs?????)

Its a .dat file, email opens it and there it is. so, with signifigant caviats, it works

with a car, we need to plot a few factors against rpm.
WDC, KR, and DIFP to name a few.
scatter don’t seem to work well , I will try again, but creating a line graph (which turned to scatter as soon as I racked the x out far enough to turn it into individual data points,…100 milliseconds is 1 recorded, and 19 unrecorded ignition events…………. does not allow the user to dictate what x will be

, apparently

more help very welcome

frodus

Follow these instructions exactly. Forget the “graphing” from the main screen, or sending yourself logs.

Lets start from the beginning.

Go to set up your vehicle profile first (on the main screen hit your menu button, then go to vehicle profile and set one up if you haven’t already done so).

Next, exit back to the main menu and go to settings (on the main screen hit your menu button, then go to settings).

Go to UNITS and set all of your units to what you want. I assume you’re in the US, so check: Miles, Feet, PSI, Gallons, etc. This will get rid of your issue with PSI.

Then go to “data logging and upload”.

Then go to “select what to log”. You only choose what you want logged here. There is no place to choose where to log. All the logs are put into a default torque directory. When you connect to the computer and the android device shows up, you look on the internal SD card of the device and there should be a directory called “torqueLogs” and all logs are stored in there. The logs are .CSV files. They’re comma separated values and open office will read them, but you’ll need to tell it how to process the data. You’ll have to read up on how to open CSV in Open Office. Once it’s in there you can use openoffice to graph the results as you see fit.

Next, go under “file logging” and select logging interval. This is as good as it gets without buying expensive equipment that can log faster values. OBDII dongles are only so fast, so there’s a limit.

Select “log when torque is started”… that way you don’t have to stop and start it. You just start torque, do your run, then exit torque and one CSV file will be created.

Select “only when OBD is connected”, that way torque waits for a connection to begin logging.

Select “automatically log GPS”, that way you get a nice timestamp and other data that you might find useful, like acceleration and coordinates.

Select “rotate logfiles” so a new CSV is made each time.

Exit back to the main menu, restart torque, and off ya go.

To get data, start torque, wait for a connection, do your run, then exit torque.

To get the data off the phone, connect the phone to a computer, navigate to the internal SD card, and find the torquelogs directory. Go in there, get the logfile you want, and open within openoffice.

meicalnissyen

very nice, this should get a sticky

couple followups
I already had the units set, and when selecting fuelrail under the datalogging&upload, it was showing kpa

also, if it starts logging on startup, i will have 10 minutes of unneeded recording, in ffront of the 5 seconds i need.
lastly, i infer I will still be graphing time on the X, I need that to be RPM

THANK you

frodus

Thanks.

Not sure why you’re getting KPA, it might be the default unit for logging (i.e. it only converts for the display). You might have to convert in your excel sheet.

You don’t have to start logging on startup, I just figured it’d be easier. You can start/stop on the gauge screen by hitting menu and then selecting start logging. Was trying to keep it simple. Use what works for you.

If you need to graph versus RPM, then you’ll have to do some table manipulation within excel/openoffice. You’ll need to choose what you want on your x-axis and y-axis. It doesn’t have to be time based. I suggest reading up on creating graphs within excel/openoffice.

This is outside of what torque does, but What I think you’d do, is select the RPM column, and select the fuel rail pressure column and create a table with that data only. X axis is RPM and fuel rail pressure is the y-axis.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.054 seconds.

Follow me on twitter