Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Adding Eobd

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Adding Eobd
YelloEye
Post Adding Eobd
on: March 3, 2011 (GMT)

Alright so I figured out that my O2 bank 1 sensor 1 won’t read the generic way because it is a wideband, or at least that’s my figuring because I know for a fact that it is a wideband sensor on my 2009 cobalt ss turbo. So in looking for the information I need to write a custom PID for this particular sensor I ran across this data sheet http://service.gm.com/gmspo/mode6/pdf/Bmode6/17%20Bmode6%202008%202.0L_LNF%20Direct%20Injection.pdf which I believe the 1st listing, the one that says normalized, is the particular sensor I need to configure. I’m still a bit foggy on how exactly the information I see in that spreadsheet translates into what I’m putting into the fields in the app. Anybody help a newb out? :)

YelloEye
Post Re: Adding Eobd

So I’m thinking the values I need to put in are:

PID 018305
Longname Wideband
Shortname AFR
Min 0
Max 1.999 (Must be a whole number cannot use decimal places)
Scale x1
unit type “this really doesnt matter”
equation A*14.7 (for gasoline)

guessing the equation part because I think the sensor is spitting out lambada values, sadly if I try to save my custom PID the app force crashes every time.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks in advance :)

EDIT

Tom

I also have a Cobalt SS (2008) and the KR doesn’t seem to read right. It stays constant at 14.6 which makes no sense to me. Have you been able to get an accurate reading? Are the PIDs created in a similar fashion to say, HPTuners? If so I’m thinking we can get useful info off their site if necessary.

I mainly want to be able to see KR, short term fuel trims and long term fuels trims. So far the only one that appears to work right is LTFT.

gahammerle

Quote from Tom on March 3, 2011, 15:59
I also have a Cobalt SS (2008) and the KR doesn’t seem to read right. It stays constant at 14.6 which makes no sense to me. Have you been able to get an accurate reading? Are the PIDs created in a similar fashion to say, HPTuners? If so I’m thinking we can get useful info off their site if necessary.

I mainly want to be able to see KR, short term fuel trims and long term fuels trims. So far the only one that appears to work right is LTFT.

That’s what KR reads on my 2010 Camaro. I’m guessing it really is battery voltage.

YelloEye

Quote from gahammerle on March 3, 2011, 17:00
Quote from Tom on March 3, 2011, 15:59

That’s what KR reads on my 2010 Camaro. I’m guessing it really is battery voltage.

That’s what I get for KR as well. Still haven’t tested that sensor yet. I will in about 10 minutes.

Oh and I figured out that it was crashing because you must use whole integers lol

YelloEye
on: March 4, 2011 (GMT)

Well that hex address was wrong, the raw numbers without a formula it was spitting out ranged from 80 to 186 and seemed dependent upon engine temperature, so that’s not what I want.

Tom

Pardon me if is a dumb question, but is there a way to see what hex to use for certain PIDs? Would it be the same across multiple platforms? i.e. the hex to pull KR in HPtuners would be the same as the hex used in Torque?

YelloEye

I would think they would be the same address/PID.

YelloEye
on: March 5, 2011 (GMT)

Well the PID in HP tuners for that sensor is 6160, wondering if that’s a decimal number though as I could not get that number to work and forgot about trying to convert it to hex, which would be 18 10. Doubt that’s it though. I’ll mess with it later.

YelloEye
on: March 6, 2011 (GMT)

Still no luck, I am stumped at this point.

Tom
on: March 7, 2011 (GMT)

I wonder if this is because the turbo Cobalts use the Bosch ECU. Possible that the PIDs are completely different? I meant to test this on my mom’s ’06 2.2 Cobalt this weekend to see if it read any additional PIDs, but forgot.

YelloEye
on: March 8, 2011 (GMT)

It’s not because they use the Bosch ECU so much as it is because the 1st o2 sensor is a non standard wideband and cannot be read normally.

YelloEye
on: March 9, 2011 (GMT)

Is there any way of asking the ECU what addresses it uses?

YelloEye
on: March 10, 2011 (GMT)

I can talk to my car with a terminal application, does anyone know if there is a command that will enumerate the sensor addresses?

Tom
on: March 16, 2011 (GMT)

So the latest update has an a new PID for what looks like our widerange sensor, but not sure. It only reads in mV, though. Have you had a chance to play with it?

I also noticed that STFT and LTFT are fully functional now, which is a huge benefit. If we can get a good reading on O2 and KR I’ll be set!

YelloEye
on: March 22, 2011 (GMT)

The answer was in front of us the entire time on wikipedia here’s what you need to enter to read the wideband sensor on at least the cobalt turbo, possibly even the solstice and sky.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs

Your address is 01 34 (the space is not needed, just how the computer spits it out)
Long name I made Wideband o2
Short I wrongly put AFR, it actually should say Lambada
0.0 for min and 2.0 for max
and your equation is ((A*256)+B)/32768

That will give you the wideband reading in lambada, I believe if you multiply all this by 14.68 you will get AFR. Haven’t tested that but I’m pretty certain it will work so AFR would be
(((A*256)+B)/32768)*14.68

Only took getting my bluetooth adapter for my computer and a free copy of OBD 2007 Lite to figure all that out.

Now spread the word to your respective home forums so that others may enjoy the fruits of my lazyness…erm…labor XD

Tom
on: March 22, 2011 (GMT)

You already did, but I’ll thank you again! Great find.

MattJackson86
on: March 23, 2011 (GMT)

That wikipedia article is a great resource for standard PID information. Each manufacturer has their own pid information, and this can be different from model to model and even year to year. Unless someone has the 2008 Cobalt Kr PID information, then it wont work. One Kr PID (or any type of PID) is not valid for all vehicles.

YelloEye
on: March 23, 2011 (GMT)

Knock I haven’t figured out, its manufacture specific and doesn’t enumerate like a normal PID does. I don’t even know how to send the proper command to query the ecu for it’s eOBD information. Might spend a small amount of money and get the other app for android with the GM extension to see if that’ll get me knock and try to decrypt it from there. Depending on the refund policy for that app I’ll hopefully get my money back.

YelloEye
on: April 26, 2011 (GMT)

So this no longer works, any idea Ian?

Pages: [1] 2
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.056 seconds.

Follow me on twitter