Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » 01 Chevy Duramax Lb7 connection issues

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 01 Chevy Duramax Lb7 connection issues
wired419
Post 01 Chevy Duramax Lb7 connection issues
on: August 21, 2013 (GMT)

As the title says, I have an 01 Chevy 2500Hd with the 6.6 duramax. The truck is a “fleet” truck, now power windows, locks, rubber floors, etc.
Using my tablet and my phone I can connect to every other car I own,
However when I try to connect to my truck it cant ever “find the ecu” the ecu light just flashes.
I can plug in my standard obd2 scanner no problem, I can also connect to the ecm with efi live no problem.

-So in short I can connect with my trucks ecm using other tools
-my elm 327 and torque app work on all vehicle’s
– tried several smart devices
– tried 3 different elm 327
-un installed and re-installed torque app
-torque is updated
-its a 2001 2500hd duramax fleet (base) model.

Can someone please help me out? Or am I doomed on this one?
Thanks joe

Capp777
Post Re: 01 Chevy Duramax Lb7 connection issues
on: August 27, 2013 (GMT)

Were the three BT Adapters of the same
brand?

Have you tried a different brand
adapter?

Capp777

darrickv
on: September 13, 2013 (GMT)

I am having the same problem with my 02 Duramax. Bought one of the cheap blue mini ELM327 adapters and it works on our Honda but cant communicate with the ECU on my truck. Before I buy another one I am hoping to find a brand I know will work. I mostly bought the pro torque app for my truck balance rates, not for the Honda.

piemmm
Administrator
on: September 14, 2013 (GMT)

Hi

This sounds like the common problem with the clones of one of the wire-level protocols not working (CANBUS, J1850-PWM, ISO9141, etc) that sit underneath the OBD2 protocol – this usually manifests as working on one manufacturers vehicle, but not anothers

First verify that the vehicle supports OBD2 – if it does, then it should definitely be working with Torque

If it’s not working, and definitely supports OBD2, then it is *very* likely to be the adapter that’s faulty (ask the seller to replace it with on that’s been tested on your vehicle type)

darrickv
on: September 14, 2013 (GMT)

I agree. I am hoping to find someone here who can tell me what adapter they have used that WILL work on the duramax. I would love to take the seller’s word that it will work but that backfired on me once already.

hardluck2go
on: October 17, 2013 (GMT)

I have the same problem with my 04.5 duramax with the lly. I bought the elm327 on eBay (small clear blue), and it works fine on a 2010 ford raptor but will not see the ecu on the duramax. I would like to find one that works but don’t want to keep trying different ones.

r
on: February 18, 2017 (GMT)

I had the same problem on my ’03 Duramax WITH CHEAP GENERIC 327s.
Eventually broke down and spent the money
(Cheapest way would have been to buy better the FIRST time).

Purchase price refunded, but I had to pay return shipping.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.068 seconds.

Follow me on twitter