Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Transmission and ABS

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Transmission and ABS
imcvey
Post Transmission and ABS
on: February 28, 2011 (GMT)

Before I go and buy an OBD device and hook it up to torque, I figured I should ask first – has anyone been able to get at ABS fault codes, and other computers in the car such as the transmission?

I have a 2002 oldsmobile and have borrowed a couple of different OBD2 readers and neither showed the codes that are causing the ‘maintain vehicle soon’ light to come up.

aznacid
Post Re: Transmission and ABS
on: July 24, 2012 (GMT)

Hi,

I recently purchased an Elm327 bluetooth OBDII adapter for my 2001 Oldsmobile Alero. I’ve been using it for a few weeks now and i’ve come to a few conclusions.

1. The ECU and multiplexing communication between the PCM and other modules on the vehicle is very limited. In a nutshell, you’ll only get engine related PIDS (Parameters ID’s…a.k.a Coolant temperature, L/KP, etc.)

2. Whether or not this is due to the quality or capability of the bluetooth dongle I got from China is hard to say. Although I will say my 2001 Alero gives different PIDs when the car is running versus when its off.

If you’re looking for ABS and Transmission related information from this device or app (correct me if i’m wrong), you’ll need to invest in a more expensive scan tool that can handle and communicate with all the modules on the vehicle.

I can tell you from first hand experience, my 2001 Oldsmobile Alero 2.4L has had A LOT of ABS problems. I’ve already changed 5 wheel hub assemblies. My recent fix was the LF harness going into the wheel speed sensor had a crack in the insulation which caused the PCM to receive incorrect resistance readings (3.95mOhms. The ABS light + the Maint vehicle soon are a duo that are intertwined.

Cheers!

Eat, Sleep, Cars. 4th year automotive apprentice @ Midas.

rchamp0478@outlook.com
Post Re: Transmission and ABS
on: December 8, 2017 (GMT)

A connection is a connection the software controls what you see everything is ultimately run through ECM the computer needs wheel speed info and transmission info to control fuel air so I am ASE certified mechanic for 20 years and any generic Scan tool will pull the codes air bag bag and SRS is a different story

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Follow me on twitter