Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » New permission get tasks. why?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New permission get tasks. why?
romain27111
Post New permission get tasks. why?
on: July 29, 2013 (GMT)

Hello.

Well i think the subject say everything.

Why torque pro need this permission now ?

For now i will keep the version 1.6.58 until this permission get removed in the next update.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: New permission get tasks. why?
on: July 29, 2013 (GMT)

Hi!

This is used for the floating widget – Torque needs to know if/when it is the current foreground task in Android when it is displaying the floating widget

The floating widget function allows you to overlay OBD2 data in other android applications (for example you can show a display of your ‘Transmission Temperature’ in Google Navigation)

To do this it needs access to the current running tasks in android (the permission actually is used to tell Torque which is the foreground task – I don’t care what other tasks are running, but the permission is required to access that bit of data)

It’s not used for anything bad – all the permissions in Torque are used for the functionality within the app

The pain with android permissions is that there is absolutely no mechanism for the developer to explain what the permissions are actually used for in the application, leaving you to see googles ‘default’ explanation which isn’t ideal as it doesn’t let the developer say /why/ it’s requested

Wiley C4 Fox
on: December 19, 2016 (GMT)

how does one give permission pls?

piemmm
Administrator
on: December 26, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

This is an old topic – you don’t need this permission anymore as it was removed from the app a long time ago (sometime in 2014) and put in a separate ‘dashboard plugin’. The main app no longer uses this (and it was deprecated in android later that year too)

If you want floating displays in other apps, install the ‘Torque Dashboard Plugin’ app (which will enable this feature)

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.104 seconds.

Follow me on twitter