Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Kia Plugin for Torque

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kia Plugin for Torque
renedare
Post Kia Plugin for Torque
on: July 24, 2013 (GMT)

Hi,

I am happy to announce that Kia Advanced for Torque is already available at Google Play.

KADV is a Torque plugin for Kia vehicles, adding several specific PIDs/sensors including automatic transmission and engine parameters.

Check it out at Google Play!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideeo.kyadvanced

bunny
Post Re: Kia Plugin for Torque
on: February 23, 2014 (GMT)

Hi,
I am a novice at using OBD2 and it appears I am starting with one of the more difficult vehicles. I have a 2008 KIA SORENTO EX Limited, with 2.5Lt Diesel I believe the engine code is D4cb.

I am in QUEENSLAND AUSTRALIA.

I have purchased TORQUE PRO and The ADV Kia PLUG IN.

I have only connected with the under dash socket with a ELM327 Bluetooth.

No VIN number is Identified.
Even after driving a test drive routine there are far more NOT SUPPORTED and NO DATA readings than there are with data.

I have the vehicle selected as SORENTO 2.0/2.2 CRDI in the hope that the codes used would match the 2.5Lt CRDI diesel.

Maybe you can advise me if I am using the correct settings and is there anywhere that explains the structure of the readings that are happening. (what is the actual link to the OBD2 codes)

I understand and have GENERAL information on the OBD2 code structure and that KIA / Hyundai have their own HI-SCAN tool specific to their vehicles. I have not found any software to interpret the OBD2 CODES SPECIFIC to the 2008 2.5Lt Kia SORENTO (Australia).

Eager for information and to contribute.

I am a retired marine engineer that has worked with computers since the release of the TRS80 COCO. I was an engineer on the first fully automated bulk carrier on the Australian coast.
My experience extended into being maintenance and project engineer designing automated systems, working with, proving and testing electronic components and systems in a very progressive food production and distribution industry.

BUNNY

Old South Perth boy. Retired marine engineer. Viet Vet. Now living in Queensland. Owner of a 2008 Kia Sorento EXLimited.

kiat626
on: February 1, 2015 (GMT)

May I know the complete list of parameters to help me decide to purchase the app or not?

moreause
on: February 1, 2015 (GMT)

did you check the desciption of the product ??

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideeo.kyadvanced

most of it is for auto trans

and it may change from vehicule to vehicule anyway

kiat626
on: February 3, 2015 (GMT)

Yes I did.
That is why I am asking what are the “more than”.

shakeman
on: November 12, 2018 (GMT)

same as mine..

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.

Follow me on twitter