Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Hyundai Plugin for Torque

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hyundai Plugin for Torque
renedare
Post Hyundai Plugin for Torque
on: April 18, 2013 (GMT)

Hi

I am happy to announce that Hyundai Advanced for Torque is already available at Google Play.

HADV is a Torque plugin for Hyundai vehicles, adding more than 10 specific sensors including several automatic transmission and engine parameters.

Check it out at Google Play!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideeo.hyadvanced

renedare
Post Re: Hyundai Plugin for Torque
on: April 24, 2013 (GMT)

Hyundai Advanced now supports G4GC and G4KC Hyundai Engines.

Anyone interested in monitoring the Injector Duty Cycle (%) on Hyundai Genesis / ix35 / Sonata or any other vehicle using G4KC Theta engine, check it out the latest release on Google Play.

dvd331
on: May 13, 2013 (GMT)

hello, i have the IX35 car. This model expected some function that is possible activate or deactivate from OBD interface, which door lock at any speed, beep of horn when close with remote control etc…
Is possible to change this option with Torque pro, alone or a Hyundai plug in?

oldmanemu
on: February 12, 2014 (GMT)

Hi I have an Hyundai 2008 H1 2.5 diesel, have downloaded your pro ver, though Can’t find my van can you add to your list the van?
regards
oldmanemu

forcefedjunkie
on: February 14, 2014 (GMT)

I have this plugin and had a couple questions, my car is a 2014 Veloster turbo.

The individual cylinder knock parameters will read around 189, 191 at heavy throttle. What does this represent? I’m more accustomed to degrees of knock retard.

Turbo boost, labelled as TB1 reads 4 psi at idle and light throttle, will go down to around 2 psi under boost. What is this displaying? Am I reading the wrong boost parameter? Thx.

I have selected my vehicle correctly, but it looks like the wrong data is being displayed.

moreause
on: February 16, 2014 (GMT)

weird on my genesis 2013
the knock value always stay at zero

forcefedjunkie
on: February 26, 2014 (GMT)

No support? Get what you pay for I guess.

piemmm
Administrator
on: February 26, 2014 (GMT)

Hi!

You’ll need to contact the plugin developer directly (usually via the google play link at the bottom of the app page) as he may not browse this forum every day

sailor1173
on: March 20, 2014 (GMT)

I am driving the Hyundai Veloster (GDI N/A) and had bought the Hyundai plugin but several parameters were not shown, even though the green light is illuminated.

For example – Gear, Idle CTR, FL Cut, Injector DC, Knock Detect, ATF Temperature,
Slip, etc…..

Any idea why ?

renedare
on: March 21, 2014 (GMT)

What is your OBD Adapter?

Check your adapter for errors, since HADV uses/requires physical addressing (Torque uses functional addressing by default).

The plugin is being used by a lot of Hyundai Veloster owners and nobody reported issues like this.

renedare
on: March 21, 2014 (GMT)

The knock retard should be displayed in degrees, and these values that you are reporting are strange. What is your car exact engine model? I believe this is being caused by negative numbers not being handled (signed byte) and reporting weird values like these you are mentioning.

Regarding the boost, this is the pressure reading on the turbo intake, although i am not sure where the sensor is physically located. I will check this and update the plugin if necessary.

sailor1173
on: March 22, 2014 (GMT)

Hi Renedare,

Thank you for both your replies.

1) I had inter-swapped between 2 different adaptors and they produce the same effect, i.e. no readings for those I’ve described above. The adaptors are BAFX Bluetooth OBD2 and the LYL® Elm327 Bluetooth V1.5 OBD2 adaptors.

2) There are no errors reading both OBD2 adaptors.

3) Could you explain more on “HADV uses/requires physical addressing (Torque uses functional addressing by default).”…..?
Basically, I followed the instructions and had selected “Hyundai Veloster GDI” in the “Settings>Manage Extra PIDs”. Am I missing other steps?

4) My car’s engine is Veloster Gamma 1.6 GDi / I4 /G4FD.

Thank you.

Dragon4333
on: March 23, 2014 (GMT)

hi Renedare

so i have a 2013 genesis coupe 2.0 and it has a wideband stock so i was wondering if it would read data from that?

renedare
on: March 24, 2014 (GMT)

Hi,

In this case i would need more information about your car ECU to understand the possible causes. The Hyundai Adv Lite features an ECU scanner which will give me more information.

Can you download it from GPlay and scan both ECU#0 and ECU#1? After scanning the plugin will pop-up an e-mail message with the log on the body. Just send the log to me and i will check what is going on.

Regarding the physical/functional, there are two basic ways to read information from the ECUs on a CANbus system. The functional query applies to all the ECUs connected on the bus, meaning that the engine controller and the transmission controller might reply a command sent in this form. The physical addressing targets a particular ECU, and the plugin uses this method as it allows reading the engine and transmission separately.

sailor1173
on: March 26, 2014 (GMT)

I scanned both ECU-0 and ECU-1 a few times……

ECU-0 couldn’t be sent out via email cos “Exceeded Maximum File Size” in Gmail….. ECU-1 keeps hanging the Torque Apps half way thru’ the scan.

Red Raspberry
on: April 8, 2014 (GMT)

I’ve been using the Hyundai Advantage plug in for over a year. Last week when I connected again to my Genesis Coupe 2LT for the first time this year, the oil temp PID no longer shows up.

Has this been left out on purpose?

rjscott2005
on: September 19, 2014 (GMT)

Hi-
I’m trying to set up the automatic transmission gear display and I can’t get it to display current gear. Any suggestions would help.
Thanks,

SoBStevens
on: December 17, 2014 (GMT)

Hello, I have a 2007 Hyundai Accent;

I can not read Engine Oil Temperature (EOT)

I can not read fuel trims either.

Is there a specific PID that needs to be entered for this or is there something I am doing wrong?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

moreause

no fuel trim ??

they should be in normal supported pid

and did you insert the packake of pid into custom pid so they will show up in the list

SoBStevens

I added the Advanced EX for Hyundai into the Predefined PID list. for my engine 1.6 MC

Pages: [1] 2
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.065 seconds.

Follow me on twitter