Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Support for Chrysler Pacifica?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Support for Chrysler Pacifica?
SSzretter
Post Support for Chrysler Pacifica?
on: March 20, 2013 (GMT)

Just wondering if there is support in Pro (and lite) for Chrysler Pacifica? It’s not working for me. It sees my ELM adapter, but the ECU scan is not working in either version.

Same issue with lots of other apps I have tried, but I did find 1 app that seems to mostly work, and another that works somewhat. Torque looks the best, so I was hoping it would work.

Any tips?
Can I send in any log information?

Its a 2005 Pacifica 3.5.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Support for Chrysler Pacifica?
on: March 20, 2013 (GMT)

Hi

Have you confirmed the vehicle is OBD2 compliant? (just having the correct shaped plug isn’t a guarantee)

For reference, in the EU/US, due to various legislations, petrol based engines should be OBD2 compliant from 1996 onwards, and Diesels from 2004 onwards (from the year of manufacture, not registration) If your vehicle was built around this time, and you’re in the EU/US then you should be compliant.

It could also be the adapter, if it’s a clone, even if it works on different manufacturers vehicles. You will need to verify that the protocol that your vehicle uses, is actually working on the adapter itself (as clones have been known not to work on some wire-level protocols (these are protocols such as ISO9141, CANBUS, J1850-PWM, etc, that sit underneath the OBD2 specification)

If it’s definitely OBD2 compliant, then it should work with Torque, so if it’s not, then take a close look at the adapter.

rampage537
Post Re: Support for Chrysler Pacifica?
on: April 23, 2018 (GMT)

It is likely due to the new security that FCA has implemented, in essence they have put a firewall (security gateway module) in there MY18 vehicles. In development the only thing that could communicate was FCA’s internal tool called CDA. They were supposed to lift some of the restrictions or put a authentication strategy in from the tool to the vehicle.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Follow me on twitter