Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Adapters with '11:22:33:DD:EE:FF' - try to avoid

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Adapters with '11:22:33:DD:EE:FF' - try to avoid
addeps3
Post Re: Adapters with
on: September 9, 2019 (GMT)

Im looking for an adapter to monitor engine load in real time. I bought a ELM 327 a while back, I believe it was a cheap knockoff because it made my car made weird noises, which I have learned might be because it drew a lot of power from the car battery. Very annoying, I decided to throw that crap out immediately, but now I am in the search for a proper adapter.

My car is a Golf mk 5. Please recommend me something that will guaranteed work. Ive looked at the wiki, but some of those options are too much for me.

Hope all of that is possible!

Maggie jj
on: September 11, 2019 (GMT)

Over the years, I can recall numerous times when I encountered a Check Engine light on my dashboard instrument display and I would either ignore it until something went wrong and I had to get my car to my mechanic, or until I would go for NYS Vehicle Inspection and be told that I had to have the issue resolved in order to pass the inspection test. In some cases, the issue causing the Check Engine light can be simple and in other cases way more complicated. Regardless of the cause, it would be nice to have some idea of the details of the issue prior to visiting the mechanic. Not to say that all mechanics are dishonest, but in many cases, we become the victim of a “lack of knowledge” robbery and lose everything in our wallet :-).

The VXDAS NT510 Professional OBD2 Scanner seems advanced enough for the professional mechanic to start to investigate the issue and useful and informative enough for the less knowledgeable to walk into the mechanic shop and at least sound like – “Hey!! I have some knowledge about what’s wrong with my car”!!
[img=

]

Steve_P
on: June 16, 2021 (GMT)

Forums broken? Post being deleted or not showing any content.

Anyway as I can;t post anywhere else This question is about a new unit I got.

I got a new ODB unit (Vgate iCar Pro BLE 4.0) to make certain my old one wasn’t at fault.
This new interface with the app `ODB Auto Doctor` can read the coolant temperature on my car, but it shows it as available via a second? ECU2?

Torque Pro can’t read the coolant temp. It does show in the list of sensors but in a dull green, not the bright green, however, no data is available.

Anyone know how to read this data as its clearly available.

santafe.mb
on: February 14, 2022 (GMT)

Just got a new adapter, vgate icar. My old one would show 100+ faults. I am using a samsung galaxy tab s6. The new adapter shows about the same, 100+ fault codes. BTW on both adapters the codes are greyed out. So the new adapter is compatible with my iphone so I load torque pro on there. Do a code scan and everything works as it should. Anyone have an idea why the samsung has trouble with only the code scan?

piemmm
Administrator
on: February 14, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

Torque is not available on the iPhone – it’s Android only.

You can post a debug log (settings->special settings->enable debugging – do the fault scan after restarting the app, then go to the realtime information screen->gear/menu icon->send debugging information, and put your forum name in the box that pops up)

I’ll then have a look

geoff61
on: February 23, 2022 (GMT)

I have a problem that the softwear sees the obd but i have no way of pairing with it, if you click on it nothing happens???

Vasilich
on: February 23, 2022 (GMT)

if you are unable to pair it – this is not an issue of Torque app, but of your phone/headunit.
have you tried to set pairing password on headunit to 1234?
If you don’t have headunit, but phone/tablet with full android – then try to use other OBD adapter.

hamed-pc
on: April 19, 2022 (GMT)

hi
please add adapter vag409.1 ft232 and lm339 chupset work on torgue
thank you

Pages: 1 2 [3]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.04 seconds.

Follow me on twitter