Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Track Recorder saving location.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Track Recorder saving location.
LDZPLN1
Post Re: Track Recorder saving location.
on: April 13, 2013 (GMT)

I have the same issues… always saves to the internal location no matter what I select. I have an AT&T LG Optimus G running Android 4.1.2. The two save locations in the file system are:

/storage/sdcard0
/storage/external_SD

driftr
on: June 7, 2013 (GMT)

im having this issue on my samsung galaxy tab 2, its going to sdcard not extsdcard.. :(

apart from that love the app!

Geothe50
on: December 23, 2013 (GMT)

Hi Ian,

I have bought your Torque Pro and love its features. Track Recorder would be the perfect add-on IF the recording to an external sdcard was working on my Android.

Torque Pro runs perfectly on my Huawei U9200 (P1) and the Track Recorder does a great job – unfortunately very much limited by the internal storage capacity of my device.
Getting the Track Recorder to write files to my external sdcard does not work.
I had hoped that the latest versions of both Torque Pro (1.8.10) and the updated Track Recorder (1.6.52) might do the trick – but they don’t.

The exact path to my external sdcard is: /mnt/ext_sdcard/
I am running Android version 4.0.3

The path to the internal memory is: /mnt/sdcard/

I like balze’s suggestion to make the path where to save to selectable / configurable.

Maybe a future update will solve my problem? Thanks.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Geothe50
on: January 7, 2014 (GMT)

Quote from Geothe50 on December 23, 2013
Hi Ian,

I have bought your Torque Pro and love its features. Track Recorder would be the perfect add-on IF the recording to an external sdcard was working on my Android.

Torque Pro runs perfectly on my Huawei U9200 (P1) and the Track Recorder does a great job – unfortunately very much limited by the internal storage capacity of my device.
Getting the Track Recorder to write files to my external sdcard does not work.
I had hoped that the latest versions of both Torque Pro (1.8.10) and the updated Track Recorder (1.6.52) might do the trick – but they don’t.

The exact path to my external sdcard is: /mnt/ext_sdcard/
I am running Android version 4.0.3

The path to the internal memory is: /mnt/sdcard/

I like balze’s suggestion to make the path where to save to selectable / configurable.

Maybe a future update will solve my problem? Thanks.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

>> Wow, happy to report that the latest 3 Jan 2014 update of Torque Pro now allows me to record to the external sdcard. Many thanks — 5 star customer service. My needs are fully covered by the Pro app with its plugins. Great!

syonxwf
on: January 7, 2014 (GMT)

As of the last Track Recorder or Torque Pro update (not sure which) it stopped recognizing the external storage path on my Galaxy S4.

/storage/extSdCard

Path is just above. Other than that, program worked great for the last 4-5 months that I’ve had it. Just don’t have enough space for Track Recorder videos on the internal memory card, so it’s been kind of a pain to use recently since I can only have 1-3 videos at a time.

syonxwf
on: January 8, 2014 (GMT)

Bump.

Toxa
on: January 13, 2014 (GMT)

Quote from syonxwf on January 7, 2014
As of the last Track Recorder or Torque Pro update (not sure which) it stopped recognizing the external storage path on my Galaxy S4.

/storage/extSdCard

Path is just above. Other than that, program worked great for the last 4-5 months that I’ve had it. Just don’t have enough space for Track Recorder videos on the internal memory card, so it’s been kind of a pain to use recently since I can only have 1-3 videos at a time.

———————————————

Same thing on my Galaxy SII Plus.

Is there some cure for that problem?

syonxwf
on: January 13, 2014 (GMT)

Yeah, they have to add the path to the external SD card into the app, but I haven’t heard anything since I posted about it.

syonxwf
on: January 16, 2014 (GMT)

Bump. Still looking for at least acknowledgement of the issue…guess I’ll start my own thread as well. Really like this recorder but it’s almost unusable at this point.

Toxa
on: January 17, 2014 (GMT)

+bump

Guys, there are some races coming, i need track recorder so much…

syonxwf
on: January 18, 2014 (GMT)

I left a review on the app store about the app and he told me to contact him to let him know the answers to some questions, which I’ve done via email. Hopefully it’ll get resolved soon :)

Toxa
on: January 19, 2014 (GMT)

Quote from syonxwf on January 18, 2014
I left a review on the app store about the app and he told me to contact him to let him know the answers to some questions, which I’ve done via email. Hopefully it’ll get resolved soon :)

Could you left here solution, when you get one?

Thanks in advance.

syonxwf
on: January 21, 2014 (GMT)

Yeah definitely. I’ve emailed him back and forth a couple times, and I’m trying to find a smaller SD card to see if that’s what the issue is, and then email him the results.

Toxa
on: January 29, 2014 (GMT)

Any new about app update? :(

syonxwf
on: March 4, 2014 (GMT)

Quote from daToxa on January 29, 2014
Any new about app update? :(

Nothing. I’ve even got a new phone now, Note 3, and it doesn’t work either. Not sure what happened, but I can’t get ahold of Ian now.

Gytis
on: April 7, 2014 (GMT)

I am using latest Torque Pro app on Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus, which has SD card mounted as:

/storage/extSdCard

Unfortunately, Track Recorder plugin is unable to save recordings there and uses only internal memory regardless “Storage location” > “External Memory Card” setting.

On my another device – Cyanogenmod’ed HTC Desire – SD card is mounted as /mnt/sdcard and there saving works as expected.

Maybe possible to implement function to input storage path ourselves?

dani_ro
on: April 29, 2014 (GMT)

Same problem with external card:
internal: \storage\sdcard
external: \storage\_ExternalSD
I tried to use xda forum to mount partition but failed (I even rooted my P920 phone).
Another problem I saw is after a full 2GB file of video, recorder is crashing (so, it should have an option to save automatically files lower than 2 gb).
Anyway, thanks for these great software!

dani_ro
on: May 4, 2014 (GMT)

I’m so disappointed…
Is that so hard to add a line in a new update to solve the problem with saving on external card?? And to put an option to save at a certain MB/file?
I’m thinking to give CaroO Pro more credits and test it :(

grubin698
on: July 8, 2014 (GMT)

I recently installed Torque version 1.8.38 on an LG-P769 phone running Android 4.1.2. I’m having the same problem with the torqueLogs folder showing up in my internal storage.

One question for you guys – a lot of you have mentioned setting the storage location to the external SD. Where’d you even find that setting option?

Thanks.

Capp777
on: July 8, 2014 (GMT)

Track Recorder has its own settings icon
where you can specify where to store its
files.

Torquelog directory is used by the main app
for sensor data logging storage (csv files).

I believe you can move your app to the sd card
which would recreate its ancillary directories
there I believe… but I am not certain as I have
not tried it yet.

On my phone I have to “Manage Apps” to move
apps from phone to sd card and back.

It might be useful to post the path to your phones
sd card in case it needs to be added to the Track Recorder
app.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.101 seconds.