Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » WHERE to find description of tests ???

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WHERE to find description of tests ???
FLAcharlie
Post WHERE to find description of tests ???
on: February 9, 2013 (GMT)

Where do I find descriptions of tests ??

One of them for my F150 is:

MID: $ 2c TID: $ 56

(Except no space after the “$”, when I pasted that in, it didn’t show properly on the website, it showed as MID:c TID:

Max: 138 Min: 26,721
Test result value: 0

Where can I find a description of what this means ?
Googling on “F150 OBD-II MID:c TID:” turns up absolutely nothing. And after hunting and hunting I haven’t been able to find any clue.

Capp777
Post Re: WHERE to find description of tests ???
on: September 16, 2013 (GMT)

ht tp://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=3897.0

chrislw5210
on: July 29, 2015 (GMT)

I am still looking for the post that has the direct link to the result codes?
Im starting to think this is a fraud

Capp777
on: July 30, 2015 (GMT)

Quote from chrislw5210 on July 29, 2015
I am still looking for the post that has the direct link to the result codes?
Im starting to think this is a fraud

The thread given above was edited to remove several
links to be safe from posting anything objectionable
as stated in that thread.

Google search for inspection_repair_links under
vehicletest.state.ma.us … might be helpful in
your search for information. (According to my
notes).

fantome
on: July 23, 2017 (GMT)

Does anyone know where to find these tests descriptions?
It seems to be useless to have test results with no way to interpret the results.

I have a test that failed but just barely. But then again without knowing anything about the test or the results it could be failing by a an astronomical amount.

MID: TID:$f0

Max: 29.99 Min: 0
Test result value: 30.63
FAIL

Maybe Torque could put something in the app to describe generic tests and results?

F-150Torqued
on: July 24, 2017 (GMT)

@fantome

What you are asking for is virtually impossible for Torque – or ANYBODY to do. While ‘SOME’ (not all) of the Monitor tests are mandated by government, the Test IDs, parameters and limits are vehicle specific and largely dependent on its design characteristics. The manufacturer programs in the Max, and Min values for the test and the ECU reports them to Torque (or any scanner) along with the current reading when Mode 6 test results are requested. (That’s so you can determine if your ‘current’ reading is within Spec.)

I have no idea what vehicle make you are testing, but without that information, no one could even guess. To make matters worse The ‘dollar’ sign – in conjunction with the character following it has special programming meaning to the Forum. It generally (such as in this case) does not even show up. So we don’t even know which Monitor ID you were asking about.

FORD – has done a fantastic job publishing its OBDII Theory of Operation. This manual covers MANY MANY ‘MIDs’ and breaks down ‘TIDs’ and even ‘completion codes’ for various Mode 06 tests. I do not know how ‘standard’ or transportable these are to other vehicle types, but it is a WEALTH of information about OBDII operations.

There is a table of about 40-50 vehicle year models and types in the ford lineup that can be downloaded FREE from this site:

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/freeresources/obd

Hope YOUR vehicle is represented there. If not, just pick some representative model, download a copy and read up on OBDII Theory of Operation. It is fascinating and informative on how OBD works in most modern vehicles.

—————–

fantome
on: July 24, 2017 (GMT)

Thanks for replying.

My car is a KIA forte 2010, 2L. I was hoping that the tests were mostly standard but I guess that’s too much to ask for. I did come across that site you mentioned but it doesn’t have a listing for MID 35 TID F0. Knowing what was being tested and failing would be helpful.

Error code is P0011. I ordered a new camshaft sensor but am not convinced it is the problem. It hasn’t arrived yet.

Oh well, if I come across anything useful to others here I’ll post it.

thanks…

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.

Follow me on twitter