Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Connecting with Android 1.6

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Connecting with Android 1.6
lamping.ap
Post Connecting with Android 1.6
on: December 30, 2012 (GMT)

I just picked up a OBDLink MX from Scantool.net. I want to use my old HTC Dream/Tmobile G1 with Android 1.6 installed. I can confirm the bluetooth of the OBDLink is working, as it connects with my laptop. I can’t seem to get the device to connect with Torque.

Per the directions, when pairing the two together, if asked for a pin you are to enter ‘1234’. Which I do. The phone then says ‘paired but not connected’, as I’m told it should. I then launch Torque and goto settings/ODB2 adapter settings. I then click on ‘device’ and it attempts to scan for devices. In order for Torque to see the device I have to push the connect button on the front of the OBDLink. The device will then show up on the list in Torque. When I select it, Torque attepts to pair the device, then asks for the pin. The same time this happens, the phone pops up with a notification saying a bluetooth device wants to pair. If the notification is selected, it also asks for the pin. I’ve tried entering the pin again in Torque and when the phone asks. It will say paired successfully, but Torque won’t connect to it.

I’ve tried multiple times, restarting the phone. The phone isn’t connected to any other bluetooth device.

What am I missing?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Connecting with Android 1.6
on: December 31, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

This is a bit fiddly in Android 1.6 as you have to enter the same PIN in both dialogs (the android one, and the other one).

The reason for this is that Bluetooth wasn’t supported in Android 1.6 (it wasn’t ready so google didn’t enable it for apps in that version of android) It wasn’t until after 1.6 that the bluetooth API became available.

It should work ok if you enter the correct PIN in both popup boxes, however you may be better off upgrading to a better ROM on that device (as you get more features and the proper version of bluetooth for it)

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.

Follow me on twitter