Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Seat Alhambra 1.9 TDi (2005)

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Seat Alhambra 1.9 TDi (2005)
colsy
Post Seat Alhambra 1.9 TDi (2005)
on: December 22, 2012 (GMT)

I bought one of the cheap OBDII bluetooth devices off ebay and can’t get it to work. I have already returned one as I thought it was faulty but the 2nd one doesnt work either. I can connect to it via bluetooth no problem but Torque goes through all the protocols and then displays a message like ‘cannot connect to ECU – is ignition on?’, which of course it is. Anyone any idea if my car – a 2005 Seat Alhambra 1.9 TDi is compatible with OBDII and if so what protocol should it uses?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Seat Alhambra 1.9 TDi (2005)
on: December 22, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

What country are you in? If you are in the EU or US, then your vehicle should be OBD2 compliant due to legeslation (1996 for petrol, and 2004 onwards for diesels). Outside of the EU/US your vehicle may not be OBD2 compliant due to lack of, or different legeslation.

If the vehicle is definitely OBD2 complaint, then it should definitely work with Torque (the app talks the same OBD2 langage to all vehicles – it’s the adapter that talks the specific protocol (like ISO9141, CANBUS, J1850, etc) to the vehicle. If it’s OBD2 compliant, and you’re not getting any joy, then check the following:

* The adapter socket and vehicle diagnostic socket look okay and are not damaged (bent pins, pins pushed, in, etc)

* The vehicle is OBD2 compliant (you’ve already done this so we can rule it out)

* The adapter talks the specific protocol for your vehicle (some adapters have earlier ELM chips (ELM323) which don’t talk as many protocols as the newer adapters based on the ELM327 chipset.

* That the vehicle profile is set to ‘Automatic – Thorough’ for the protocol selection (leaving this set to automatic will find the protocol for the vehicle if it supports OBD2)

If the adapter’s a clone, then you may find it works in a different make of vehicle (no VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat (as they’re all the same more or less), but BMW, Merc, Toyota, etc). This would mean that either the vehicle you’re not having luck on is not OBD2 compliant, or that the adapter is faulty on that particular protocol and you’ve unfortunately been unlucky.

First confirm that the vehicle is definitely OBD2 compliant (just having the correct shaped socket isn’t a guarantee of compliance). If it is, then you need to start looking at the adapter as the potential issue

Alambra auy
Post Re: Seat Alhambra 1.9 TDi (2005)
on: January 4, 2018 (GMT)

Yo tengo Seat Alhambra motor auy del año 2003 y funciona.
Lo que no va son los errores y partes de chekeo.
Sólo funcionan los relojes maf turbo temp y poco más.
Yo pensé que podía acceder a.los errores y poder borrarlos pero se queda buscando y no aporta ningún dado.
No se si tiene solución

Investigación constante en materias informaticas. Aporte de ideas y mejoras para programas que mejoran nuestra vida.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.049 seconds.

Follow me on twitter