Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Display for text strings

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Display for text strings
kitchw8436
Post Display for text strings
on: November 6, 2012 (GMT)

I’m looking for a way to display text strings based on data from a custom PID. Basically I want to look at error flags from a custom PID and then display the text associated with a given error. Can this be done with a custom theme or does one need to create a plugin? I want something like the Fuel Status display, but I need to program in my own text strings to be displayed and the equation used to determine which string to display. Anybody already done this?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Display for text strings
on: November 6, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

This can’t be done yet (apart from an extra plugin, which may not /quite/ do what you are looking for)….

However, what you’re asking does touch on something else I am working on, (which should then let you do what you want when it’s complete). Please bear with me and hopefully in the coming month there will be something useful :)

chvracr
on: November 7, 2013 (GMT)

Any update on this feature? I’d like to do something similar.

Thanks!

ridesonsnow
on: October 14, 2016 (GMT)

I would like to be able to display the units next to the sensor value, rather than below. My first thought is to include this into the equation as a text string. I found this post and it seems to match what I am trying to do. Has there been any update on this request?

piemmm
Administrator
on: October 15, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

Yes – there’s support for text strings in the app displays now for some sensors, however this isn’t accessible through the equation system

To do what you want, ideally you need a theme option adding to do it correctly – also bear in mind that this may make the text quite small (as it will try to fit it within the display constraints).

I can add an ‘append units to value’ option to the themes in the next couple of betas (I have already done it for the title text)

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.

Follow me on twitter