Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Quick re-connect?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quick re-connect?
LEE69
Post Quick re-connect?
on: January 4, 2011 (GMT)

I have it all working fine i stop the car, i have to exit the app and re-start it again to re-sync it to read the values.
Anyway for it to auto -reconnect once i start the car again after it being stopped?

CJMR2T
Post Re: Quick re-connect?
on: February 8, 2017 (GMT)

Reviving Old thread since I cant seem to find an answer (sorry if I missed it / overlooked it) and appear to be having the same issue.

Back history….
I am a new user to the Torque Pro App and everything seems to work fine except if I shut off the engine and leave the BT range of my phone / adapter and then come back into range and restart the engine, the phone and adapter pair sometimes and sometimes they done. Even on the times that they pair, there is no data coming back from the engine. The only way I can get everything to work correctly again is to totally exit the app and restart it, then everything goes back to normal / working.

The Phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the adapter is a BAFX Products 34t5

The car is a 91 Toyota MR2 Turbo that has been swapped with a JDM 2002 Toyota Caldina 3sgte (Gen 4 engine). I dont think that the ECU is 100% OBDII compatible but does appear to be using the ISO9141-2 Protocol and I do get accurate data like RPM, Intake air temp, Coolant temp, speed, etc.. from the ECU through the app, along with DTC’s if I purposely trip codes (disconnect engine Sensors). I do “supposedly” have to use a custom Init string (havent actually tried it without but guessing that it is needed since I found it mentioned for a few Different JDM setups needing it for the app to work).

Also, would anyone happen to know of a PID for the IAT #2 that is used on some JDM factory Turbocharged cars (like the Caldina (ST215 and ST246) and like the Toyota Soarer with the 1JZ-GTE VVTI engine’s.

CJMR2T
on: February 11, 2017 (GMT)

Ok, Update….

Turns out, it will actually reconnect but it takes 3 to 5 minutes for it to do so (found out on accident yesterday).

I did also learn that if I unplug the BT adapter and then turn the key on, plug the adapter back in and then start the car, it will fully connect without the App being shut down in 30sec or less (basically just like it does if the app is shut down). This allows my trip data to retain which was my whole reason for concern with it not reconnecting.

As a work-around, I’m going to try rewiring the OBD port power to be switched via the ignition (i.e., Ignition Hot) instead of constant power as this should then achieve the same as unplugging the adapter since I’ll be removing power from it all together when the key is turned off (cant really see any reason that the port needs to be constant hot (although some SAE specs call for it to be constant).

Oh a separate note, is there a way to have the trip data (like trip Mileage and trip MPG) not be erased each time the App is shut down (i.e., have it only be manually erasable)?

I know I can add a button to reset it on the fly but it still erases when the app is shut down too. The reason why I ask this is I’m thinking of installing a device permanently in the car that will power up and down with the ignition and thus would like for the trip info (which I have it calculating MPG’s) to not be lost each time I turn the car off.

Capp777
on: February 11, 2017 (GMT)

Just curious… is your adapter auto searching
for protocol on restart or have you specified the
correct protocol in the vehicle profile?

There are settings which help with short stops
but longer than that period is treated as a
new trip.

You could try adding the pids to your data logging
where it can be saved in your log(s).

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.036 seconds.

Follow me on twitter