Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Bug in getPIDValues

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bug in getPIDValues
hugob
Post Bug in getPIDValues
on: September 9, 2012 (GMT)

When I do a

float[] values = torqueService.getPIDValues(pids);

with a predefined list of pid’s, it looks like some of the pids contain the value of the previous pid if no info is avalaible (e.g. no satellite fix). See image with debug info
[1] is ff1223 is acceleration, [2] … [5] are gps pids and litre/100km. In this case I have no gps fix so I am expecting null.

Btw is this the proper place to report issues like this?

Phil_in_NH
Post Re: Bug in getPIDValues
on: July 10, 2018 (GMT)

This is still a problem for getPIDValues().

For certain virtual Torque Pro PIDs (i.e. Torque 0xff1225 & others), if the PID is not “active”, the call returns the previous value in the list rather than 0.

Example:

getPIDValues(“RPM”, “Torque”) returns 524, 524 sometimes when the Torque PID is not active.

I found in the TorqueScan plugin on GitHub the check of the “Active PID List” to make this check if the return data is valid. However, this creates a lot of RPC calls to fetch the Supported and Active PID list constantly.

However, the getValueForPids() call works just fine.

Can we get this changed to return 0 if the PID is not active for the getPIDValues() call & bump the API interface version?

Thanks,

Phil

Phil_in_NH
Realtime Charts Plugin Developer, outdoorsman, car guy, woodworker, software engineer, fly fisherman, cyclist

Get Realtime Charts for Torque Pro at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pjt.realtimecharts_v1

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.01 seconds.

Follow me on twitter