Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Fuel used - NOT ONLY "trip" possibility ?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fuel used - NOT ONLY "trip" possibility ?
JackillerPL
Post Fuel used - is possible NOT ONLY trip-option ?
on: August 23, 2012 (GMT)

Hello
Greetings from Poland.
I would like to ask about possibility of enlargement of
Fuel Used” gauge option.
Actually, it is only “trip” option. It means, that if I disconnect the connection with my BT-OBD, display will reset his value and starting from the beginning.
This is completely useless. It don’t give possibility to measure overall Fuel Used true the trip. Every stops (petrol, toilet, lunch…) reseting the measure.
Another important reason is an alternative fuel. In my case (and huge part of drivers from eastern europe) I driving on LPG/GPL fuel. It has its own tank and ECU and it is not directly compatible with Torque.
Advanced “Fuel Used” option is necessity for calculating of LPG Fuel consumption. I cant take fuel level from car ecu. My LPG gauge – there are only 4 diodes.

My question is:
Is possible to add gauge
“Fuel Used” – overall (with manually reset option ?)

Bye Jack.

OpenTrackRacer
Post Re: Fuel used - NOT ONLY "trip" possibility ?
on: March 1, 2013 (GMT)

I was wondering the same thing. As it stands right now, the “Fuel Used (trip)” function is pretty much useless. It resets every time you start the engine.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not since it would seem that it should only reset when you use the trip reset but…

If we’re just missing something please let us know!

piemmm
Administrator
on: March 1, 2013 (GMT)

Hi!

In the settings, go to: Data Logging/upload and tick ‘ignore short gaps between trips’

This will keep the same trip running between an engine on/off (there are some other options in there you may find useful too!)

bigtom51
on: March 3, 2013 (GMT)

My distance to zero does not reset after filling the tank, is there a way to reset it to read correctly, I am -63 miles to zero now.

President of Wind Cycle a renewable energy supplier and installer

OpenTrackRacer
on: March 12, 2013 (GMT)

That works for short stops but not for longer ones. Is there a way to have it only reset the fuel used when the Trip Reset button is used?

Along similar lines, an easier way to reset the tank full slider would be awesome as well.

Thanks!

Quote from admin on March 1, 2013
Hi!

In the settings, go to: Data Logging/upload and tick ‘ignore short gaps between trips’

This will keep the same trip running between an engine on/off (there are some other options in there you may find useful too!)

piemmm
Administrator

Ok, I’ll see if I can update the setting for this with a few more options (added to the todo list!) – it’ll most likely change to a drop-down selector with a number of ‘how do you want to do this’ settings

OpenTrackRacer

That would be awesome.

Thanks!

Donkey
on: January 26, 2023 (GMT)

I know this is a really old topic, but has any progress been made on altering the fuel used monitor to not reset per trip and / or work off a manual reset option?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.035 seconds.

Follow me on twitter