Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Disable auto rotate in landscape?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Disable auto rotate in landscape?
skskarda
Post Disable auto rotate in landscape?
on: August 19, 2012 (GMT)

Is there a way to disable auto-rotate in landscape mode?

My droid is mounted in my car horizontal. It monitors my battery management system on my electric car and works fantastic! My only small complaint is the gauges seem to rotate when I go around corners. When I uncheck the auto rotate feature in the preferences memo, all my dials and gauges go to portrait mode which doesn’t work the way I have it mounted in my car.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Disable auto rotate in landscape?
on: August 20, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

I’ll see about adding a ‘force rotation’ option in the settings – may not be there until 1.6.20

Craig Rogers
on: December 14, 2013 (GMT)

Is there any update on forcing the orientation?

I use Torque Pro in Landscape but as the original question it can rotate on corners. I use the app in my Land Rover when off-roading so as you can imagine it rotates quite often.

So locking in Landscape would be fantastic.

Capp777
on: December 15, 2013 (GMT)

There is an auto rotate toggle
in Torque Pro under general
preferences settings.

Have you tried this setting yet?

Craig Rogers

Yes, but its the opposite of this that I need. If you turn that setting off it forces it to portrait. I need to force it to landscape.

Capp777

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve not tried
this setting yet and was hoping it would
leave the display in whatever orientation
that was being used at the time of changing
the toggle.

doubletop
on: June 28, 2015 (GMT)

Has this rotation issue been fixed?

I’m using lite and the tablet mounted vertically in landscape, with auto rotate selected. (HP 7 G2)

The start up splash screen is correctly displayed in landscape but the dials are still in portrait. I have to dismount the tablet and shake it to get the dials to rotate to landscape. Then they stay in landscape.

Annoying

ekim
on: June 30, 2015 (GMT)

It does not appear to be fixed. If you turn auto rotate off, it will force itself into portrait even if the device is set to landscape.

imagineering-2
on: November 3, 2015 (GMT)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd129/huskyte610e/IMAG1561%20Large.jpg

Is this the same issue?

I have an Android head unit in my car, and every time i start the car, all the gauges rotate.

The only way i have found to fix the gauges is ‘restore factory settings’ through torque, which loses all the custom setup.

The Auto Rotate tick box does not make any difference.

Is this something that can be overcome once i buy the full version?

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 3, 2015 (GMT)

Ah – this is probably still broken in the lite version (it was fixed in the pro a while ago)

Once I’ve released the pro update I’m working on I’ll see what I can can do on the lite version (though I’m trying to upskill several of the pro plugins at the moment as well as a rewrite of the webserver code to use vaadin instead of smartgwt so it may not be in the next week or so)

imagineering-2
on: November 4, 2015 (GMT)

Awesome,

… im happy to buy the Pro version now !!

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 4, 2015 (GMT)

oh, cool!

If you have ideas about things you’d like to see, drop them on the feature requests thread and I’ll see what I can do (can’t promise anything, or when, but everything gets looked at)

markquarless
on: July 15, 2017 (GMT)

I also tried a 3rd party ‘force landscape’ with this to no avail. Still having issues with HUD in landscape mode – while turning it goes to portrait. I am using Torque OBD2 PRO. Am I doing something wrong here?

Tried playing with ‘force rotation’ in settings – which forces portrait, regardless of 3rd party landscape app.

MQ
2002 Nissan Maxima GLE
Torque-related hardware: Smarture M3 Android Rear View Mirror (main), Nexus 4 (HUD), Pixel XL (testing, config, maps), OBDLink LX OBD2, Vgate OBD2, OBD2 Y-splitter, Dual GPS-160
OBD2 / Navigation-related Android Apps: Torque Pro OBD 2 (Ian Hawkins), OBDLink (ScanTool.net), Bluetooth GPS (GG Moblab), GPS Status Pro (MobiWIA-EclipSim), Widgets for Torque (Ian Hawkins), Apex Launcher Pro (Android Does), Widgetzoid Donate (Jaumard), Keep Screen On (Open App Info), Rotation Lock Adaptive, (Micgooware), Exodus Pro Live Wallpaper (Joko Interactive), and of course Maps by the great Goog.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.075 seconds.

Follow me on twitter