Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Backup/move of Torque data to replacement Nexus 7

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Backup/move of Torque data to replacement Nexus 7
nicholfd
Post Backup/move of Torque data to replacement Nexus 7
on: August 15, 2012 (GMT)

I have a Nexus 7. I spent a lot of time setting up 3 x screens of gauges on 2 x vehicle profiles. The screen on the Nexus 7 is separating and they’ve sent me a replacement.

On the new Nexus 7 I’ve re-downoaded Torque Pro. I’ve copied the .torque directory.

Torque does not seem to have all of my settings. The general defaults are not there – Dashboard on launch, unit settings (lb vs. kg, imp gal vs. US gal, etc.), number of gauge screens, etc.

Also on my vehicles (2008 Prius & 2012 Prius) some of the gauges are missing. One screen only has 1 x gauge (from a custom PID), and on the original Nexus 7 there were 20+. Most of the missing (not all) gauges are custom PIDs that I have loaded from a .csv file that I installed. The custom PIDs are available to add new gauges from. The .csv files were moved along with the .torque directory.

What am I missing? Is there a better or more correct way to backup & restore the Torque app data? Before anyone suggests using a backup application that requires root – my device is not rooted & I have no plans to root it. I don’t want to have to mess with it. I want it to be as stock & appliance like as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance!

toadlife
Post Re: Backup/move of Torque data to replacement Nexus 7
on: February 7, 2013 (GMT)

You a backup/restore app like titanium backup to back of ALL of the torque data. With titanium backup you can export the backup of the torque data to a zip file on your old device and then import it into the new device. My experience is with the “pro” version of titanium backup, so if you only get the free version YMMV.

toadlife
Post Re: Backup/move of Torque data to replacement Nexus 7
on: February 7, 2013 (GMT)

Oh and just to be clear, titanium backup does not back up the .torque folder on the sdcard. You have to move that yourself. titanium backup backs up the apps data which is stored in the internal memory of your decvice. That’s the data that you are missing.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.

Follow me on twitter