Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » ford oil pressure pid

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ford oil pressure pid
heartlandex
Post ford oil pressure pid
on: August 10, 2012 (GMT)

i have 2001 f150 with the 5.4L engine. i would love to find a oil pressure pid but havent found anything in the forum. if anyone knows where i can find it please let me know.

ProjectSHO89
Post Re: ford oil pressure pid
on: August 24, 2012 (GMT)

No pressure sensor on your engine so no PID is implemented.

The cluster gauge is a simple on/off pressure switch.

heartlandex
on: August 27, 2012 (GMT)

i have an oil pressure gauge on the dash and an oil pressure sensor next to the oil filter

Simon

do you know if the oil pressure sensor goes through the ECU or direct to the dash gauge?

heartlandex

not sure about that. with my luck it just goes straight to the gauge

mlx1500
on: November 30, 2018 (GMT)

You have two problems here:

1. Your oil pressure “sensor” next to the oil filter is actually just a pressure SWITCH, when pressure is low the switch opens and your dash gauge goes to Low. When pressure is normal or high, the switch closes and the gauge signal circuit is pulled to ground through a series resistor so that it reads “somewhere” in the middle. In other words your oil pressure gauge is a glorified warning light.

2. Even if you convert it to a real gauge (search “Ford oil pressure gauge conversion” on Google) it is still not an input to the computer (aka “ECU/ECM/PCM”) so Torque or any other data collector won’t be able to read it anyway.

I’ve had the same troubles and best thing I can think of is to use an Arduino or similar to collect the usual data from the computer as well as collect data from external inputs such as an aftermarket oil pressure sensor, and display all of it in a central place.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.

Follow me on twitter