Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Help required - GM/Duramax Injector Balance Rate testing

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Help required - GM/Duramax Injector Balance Rate testing
joey1983
Post Re: Help required - GM/Duramax Injector Balance Rate testing
on: March 14, 2013 (GMT)

reset everything again added gm pid’s and atz in profile now it works but I have no way to check it.

nmdiesel
on: April 13, 2013 (GMT)

Hi All,

So I need some help here. I have tried this multiple times and still cannot get this to work. I have an 08 LMM Duramax. All the other gauges work. I have also used the ATZ code in the ELM327 advanced section.

22 16 2F
22 16 30
22 16 31
22 16 32
22 16 33
22 16 34
22 16 35
22 16 36

The formula is ((A*256+B)-32768)/64

My Balance rates either show -423.3 or they all read 0 with the green light on the side that blinks indicating that it should be working. I have also played around with the baud rates I am currently using the can-11bit 500K. I get the same results using the auto sync as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

piemmm
Administrator
on: April 14, 2013 (GMT)

Adding ‘ATZ’ to the custom init bypasses some of the checking with the OBD2 adapter.

If you are adding this and it’s suddenly working, then it is extremely likely that you have a problematic OBD2 adapter (and should get it replaced) – I’m hazarding a guess that the people adding ATZ (and it working) are using clone adapters?

nmdiesel
on: April 16, 2013 (GMT)

Thank you for the response. I have taken the ATZ out. I have not had this work yet ATZ or not. Is there a difference betwen the PID say for an LBZ VS LMM or LML?

7mmSTW
on: August 7, 2013 (GMT)

I just purchased this app and injector balance rates are one of the main things I would like to monitor. I have an ’06 LBZ Duramax, from what I have read it seems this issue has been resolved on the LB7 and LLY but not newer? Is there a way we can do this? Also, I would like to be able to monitor commanded fuel rail pressure along with actual.

Thanks

piemmm
Administrator
on: August 8, 2013 (GMT)

Hi!

Primarily need to find the new PID location (and formula) for the balance rates – the manufacturers seem to have changed this in the newest vehicles for some reason.

7mmSTW

How could I go about finding them for you? Playing with the app more it seems there are quite a few parameters not being read…oil pressure, oil temp, shift time, current gear etc…I love the flexibility this app has and think it will be great if it had the correct pids.

7mmSTW

Anything in here useful? These are files from the Quadzilla Vizion app, they went out of business not long after it was released, the boost and barometric were faulty but the balance rates were spot on for LBZ and newer Duramaxes.

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/gauges-electronics-wiring/180618-quadzilla-vizion.html

7mmSTW
on: August 11, 2013 (GMT)

The more I play with this app the more I realize it’s true potential. With the ability to log anything read/controlled by the ecm plus the feature to send OBD commands you could not only have infinitely tune able gauges but also use the device to change efi live tunes similar to a DSP5 switch. You have the makings of an amazing product if you could get those things sorted out…

http://www.efilive.com/#

EFI live has mentioned before they will partner with companies to help provide these services. Could be worthwhile to check ’em out.

Thanks again

7mmSTW
on: August 11, 2013 (GMT)

The more I play with this app the more I realize it’s true potential. With the ability to log anything read/controlled by the ecm plus the feature to send OBD commands you could not only have infinitely tune able gauges but also use the device to change efi live tunes similar to a DSP5 switch. You have the makings of an amazing product if you could get those things sorted out…

http://www.efilive.com/#

EFI live has mentioned before they will partner with companies to help provide these services. Could be worthwhile to check ’em out.

Thanks again

stevewaclo
on: August 25, 2013 (GMT)

Hello all,

Thanks to everyone who has been making contributions to the site. I think this is going to be big, really big.

Just received my ELM 327 Wi Fi device from China and very excited about getting up and running to learn as much as I can about goings on within my ’03 Sierra 2500 HD with the LB7 Duramax.

Is this the App I want to download to proceed and should I be concerned about the several negative comments ?:

Engine Link HD – OBD II vehicle monitoring and diagnosis
K SOLUTION LLC
Category: Utilities
Updated: Jun 10, 2013
6 Ratings

iOS Applications
Please note that you have not been added to any email lists.
Copyright © 2013 Apple Inc. All rights reserved

………,,..

Must say that unless I’m missing something, organization here on the Torque site is disappointing. With sooo many vehicles to cover it would obviously be a challenge to establish sections by vehicle application, and perhaps that is better left to users on the many Forum’s extant. That being said, any recommendations for LB7 Duramax? I’m on the Duramax Forum, and 411 appears sketchy and while I suppose the fact most users are Bluetooth, am I correct that the interface does not really matter?

How would an experienced user suggest I get up and running?

Why no link to the App Store on this site? Did I miss it?

Best wishes all.

From IPad: Steve Waclo
1171 Bandtail Drive
Carson City, NV 89701
775 883 7927

EE ret

stevewaclo
on: August 30, 2013 (GMT)

Hello!

Is anyone out there?

stevewaclo@yahoo.com

EE ret

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

Torque isn’t available on iOS – it’s only available on Android and BlackBerry at the moment

I may include the balance rate PIDs into the main predefined PIDs lists in the app if noone has any objections (to make things easier to add to save typing stuff out) – if anyone has any other links to pids they want adding let me know (alternatively the PIDs can be added via third party plugins if someone wants to create one :-))

Terrain Twister

Hi Ian,

First time posting. I vote for the balance rates! Buying the pro version today. Delivery of the BT adapter should be tomorrow. Have a ’03 GMC with the LB7 I’m definitely interested in seeing the balance numbers on.

Chuck

7mmSTW
on: September 3, 2013 (GMT)

I think he has the balance rates for the LB7…You should be good to go. I’m still trying to figure out a source for the balance rate pids for my LBZ.

stevewaclo
on: September 5, 2013 (GMT)

Chuck,

Let’s keep in touch. I also have an ’03 LB7 (what are the odds? :-).

Downloaded the .99 version of Torque to iPad, but struggling with communication via the WiFi/OBD device.

My email is above, but suggest we share 411 via this venue.

What’s the Pro version mentioned earlier? From App Store?

Any way to configure this Forum for auto-alert to my email when posts are added?

Best wishes

EE ret

socalmike
on: September 25, 2013 (GMT)

bump for lbz injector ballance rates

eseyoung

I have tried replacing the default equation with various other formulas for my LLY duramax but i cant seem to get the balance rates correct.

i don’t have a method to verify but i am thinking that it is a simple equation issue (decimal place). I keep coming up with very large numbers…say 100X what they should be. but without a device to verify i can’t say for sure.

While balance rates are very important in diagnosing fuel issues, so is target/desired fuel rail pressure. to make an informed decision for fuel system troubleshooting you must know that the ECU is calling for as well as the actual pressure.

the the numbers reflected in the actual rail pressure seems close to what a good running truck should be. (idle 4500# maxing out at 24,000# or so).

Capp777

Quote from socalmike on September 25, 2013
bump for lbz injector ballance rates

Have you tried changing the header from auto
to the specific header to see if you get a
response back?

Has anyone else found pid codes in another
forum that might help?

Edited:

I believe Ian’s equation is equivalent to the one