Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Help required - GM/Duramax Injector Balance Rate testing

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Help required - GM/Duramax Injector Balance Rate testing
piemmm
Administrator
Post Help required - GM/Duramax Injector Balance Rate testing
on: August 9, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

I’m trying to get balance rates added to the list of predefined PIDs for GM vehicles – I’ve found the right PID, but I’m getting the conversion wrong somewhere

Does someone who knows what their balance rates are, and have some time spare to try out a PID and tell me what the figures returned back are (together with your known balance rates for each of your injectors?)

pdavester
Post Re: Help required - GM/Duramax Injector Balance Rate testing
on: August 12, 2012 (GMT)

I can maybe help out… I have a duramax and can try to load your PID to see what it returns. But I’m not sure how I get you the other information you need about what my known balance rates are (as I dont know those, or where to look it up).

piemmm
Administrator
on: August 12, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

Thank you very much for the offer – unfortunately though at the moment I need someone that knows what their current balance rates are as well, as I need to verify the scaling against the values they have :-/

pdavester
on: August 23, 2012 (GMT)

Were you able to verify the scaling for these PIDs?

Sprokcet
on: November 15, 2012 (GMT)

Hello, I will be able to use a Gm Tech2 for comparison. Can you post the pid information so that can test the conversions against the actuals the Tech2 isseeing. Thanks Peter

joey1983
on: March 10, 2013 (GMT)

will this help?

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4737005&postcount=18

piemmm
Administrator

Well it seems to confirm the information I already have, so I’ve just enabled those PIDs in the app now (if you update, then re-add the ford lists you should be able to see the new PIDs) – feedback welcome

terryk

Everything needed for Torque can get obtained from my LLY XGuage doc. The PIDs and formulas are all there. I had to scale up the value to get the decimal point precision I wanted (I just tried to match the Tech 2.)Where the “formula” from GM used decimal values (like data/3.2), I multiplied both up until they were whole numbers.

For those that want to extract the math, the Xguage does the math in this order:

1. Multiple (MTH)
2. Divide (MTH)
3. Offset (add subtract) (MTH) (Subtraction is adding the two’s compliment.)
4. Shift the decimal point (RXF)

Once I got them to work on my Xgauge I tried to accurately copy them to the spreadsheet but as you can read, I made some typos and I tried to correct them.

They appear to work on the LB7 too but for the LBZ+ they will need to be converted to CANSF and there is no guarentee GM didn’t change the PIDs. I focused on my LLY.

joey1983

Ian this maybe a stupid question but why would you update FORD if the vehicles in question are CHEVROLET? Thanks for your time

joey1983

I looked through the ford list and do not see balance rates?

amdriven2liv

Quote from admin on March 10, 2013
Well it seems to confirm the information I already have, so I’ve just enabled those PIDs in the app now (if you update, then re-add the ford lists you should be able to see the new PIDs) – feedback welcome

I deleted my Ford list, then added in the update, which I have version 1.6.36.

I do not see any PIDs for Contribution balances for injectors.

I do see that you added some cylinder head temps. Wont work on my Model Year motor, which is fine. Will be a good tool for the newer model years. Glad you have those in there.

My model year doesn’t have those Pids.

Northwest United States

sledstorm1

I also just deleted the lists. I reloaded the gm list and they are in there I will check it out tomorrow.

sledstorm1

I just tried it out, it does not work for me. I have a Lbz duramax which I have heard that the pids are different than the lb7 and lly duramax’s. I hope some one with a lb7 or an lly can try it out.

terryk
on: March 11, 2013 (GMT)

Balance Rate mm3 = (N-32768)/64

How you arrive at that would be different in the SGII and Torque.

jbperkins

I got balance rates working for an LLY in Torque Pro. Once I figured out the PIDs I used the custom PID option. It works and I’ve verified the results. I’ll post the info tonight when I get home.

jbperkins

This is how I got the balance rates working. The PIDs for balance rate 1 through 8 are:

22 16 2F
22 16 30
22 16 31
22 16 32
22 16 33
22 16 34
22 16 35
22 16 36

The formula is ((A*256+B)-32768)/64

Use that info to define 8 custom PIDs.

To get it to work with my ELM327 device I had to set the “Very Advanced – ELM 327 custom configuration string” to atz in the vehicle profile settings.

piemmm
Administrator
on: March 12, 2013 (GMT)

Hi

The balance rates are now out of alpha and included in the PID lists – it’s been a while but eventually had enough information to get this sorted – thanks to all of you that helped work out the PIDs and conversions! Based on the feedback I can then take this out of beta once I’m happy the equation is correct

jbperkins

Our equations give the same answer and I’ve verified mine using a scan tool.

Several folks on the Duramax forum had trouble getting the balance rates to work. The thing I posted earlier about putting atz in the ELM327 custom configuration in the vehicle profile settings worked for several people on the Duramax forum.

terryk

Good job! Glad people are getting some use out of this work.

joey1983
on: March 14, 2013 (GMT)

Tried adding custom pid above can not get it to work no matter what I do it reads -423.Tried adding atz also with the manually entered pid and the one in the gm pid’s. I have a 2001 LB7

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.067 seconds.

Follow me on twitter