Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Not supported?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Not supported?
triffer
Post Not supported?
on: July 24, 2012 (GMT)

Nissan primastar 1.9 dci 2006 says e.c.u unsupported its a uk model ………….told a friend to buy this for his car and try lite thats what happened any ideas ………………………
Another good idea would be if you could screenshot a screen of your car at tickover normal running will all sensors and place on homescreen for refrence ….can this be done?

Love to fix my car myself ……………..
Y pay a garage if you can do it yourself only nuts and bolts

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Not supported?
on: July 25, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

If the vehicle says that no PIDs are supported, then usually the ECU has replied saying ‘all access to my sensors over OBD2 are turned off’. As this is a UK vehicle it shouldn’t happen, so I can verify this if a debug is sent…

Go into the app settings->general settings (scroll down) and turn ‘debugging’ on

Restart the app

Reconnect to the vehicle, wait for the ‘no PIDs supported’ message

Go to the ‘Realtime Information’ screen, press menu->(more)->send debugging information

Type ‘nissan no pids’ in the message box that pops up, press send, and wait for the ‘sent ok’ message. I’ll then have a look at the debug here and will be able to confirm this for you

triffer
on: July 26, 2012 (GMT)

Cheers he has the full paid version he will have a go many thanks and well done on a top program. Works great on peugeot 107 which has no rev counter selling point for your program as it displays one and a corsa c many thanks.

Love to fix my car myself ……………..
Y pay a garage if you can do it yourself only nuts and bolts

DManzaluni
on: July 13, 2018 (GMT)

Quote from admin on July 25, 2012
Hi!

If the vehicle says that no PIDs are supported, then usually the ECU has replied saying ‘all access to my sensors over OBD2 are turned off’. As this is a UK vehicle it shouldn’t happen, so I can verify this if a debug is sent…

Go into the app settings->general settings (scroll down) and turn ‘debugging’ on

Restart the app

Reconnect to the vehicle, wait for the ‘no PIDs supported’ message

Go to the ‘Realtime Information’ screen, press menu->(more)->send debugging information

Type ‘nissan no pids’ in the message box that pops up, press send, and wait for the ‘sent ok’ message. I’ll then have a look at the debug here and will be able to confirm this for you

is this a way of figuring out why I am getting no response whatsoever on my ’96 Bentley Brooklands or is this a completely lost cause? It is SUPPOSED to be fully OBD11 compatiblee but is Torque compatible with this car please? I can connect to the adapter and get into the vehicle’s CPU but nothing whatsoever reports in Torque

piemmm
Administrator
on: July 16, 2018 (GMT)

Hi!

Go into the adapter information screen when you’re connected, and scroll down – there will be a list of sensors supported by the ECU – if there are no sensors listed there then it’s likely the manufacturer has disabled your vehicles OBD2’s Mode 01 PIDs (and it likely supports OBD2 fault codes only for engine/powertrain codes)

The latest update did address an issue for some nissan ECUs replying with the wrong engine address (the original poster never sent the debug but I was able to deduce what the issue was for some nissans)

If you’re not getting a response, then check that the adapter is working on the protocol your vehicle uses (and that it follows the OBD2 wiring properly) 1996 was right on the implementation date for OBD2 so you’ll need to check when the manufacture date of the vehicle not the registration date for if it supports it or not (in the absence of any documentation). If it definitely supports OBD2 then it should definitely work, in which case you would need to look at the adapter

DManzaluni
on: July 17, 2018 (GMT)

I did what you suggest and thank you for responding to such an old thread! Every connection seems to be working OK and I even get a message telling me that OBD11 has got into my ECU, and all four icons are stable for a while before the car one starts to flash while the software seems to be searching for something, after it has reported CONNECTED TO ECU OK.

I went into supported adapters in settings as you suggested and it does show lots of adapters, of which mine is the last listed! (listed as ‘el cheapo OBD11 adapter ‘) with a photo of my exact adapter.

Do you have any idea why Torque displays nothing whatsoever in any dial or graph after the adapter has connected to the CPU or is this a case of “you get what you (didn’t) pay for”?

DManzaluni
on: July 26, 2018 (GMT)

Sorry to bother you again with this message but I can’t figure out what is the weak link here, though I suspect it is the adapter.

The car definitely supports OBD11. Everything connects but almost nothing reports (except acceleration??) in Torque. Whatever acceleration is reporting doesn’t seem to bear much relationship between the squiggly line on the screen and whatever acceleration is being engaged.

It it relevant that the connection sometimes doesn’t connect and often disconnects and starts searching through protocols? Once I saw it report “you appear to be using protocol 3” but more often without finding one that works?

Does it mean anything that I was down at my garage yesterday trying to identify fault codes the ecu is throwing up and we couldn’t link an expensive SNAP-ON OBD11 device into the ECU at all, – but then we grabbed some inexpensive ‘toy’ he had lying around and it connected up without a problem and reported all the error codes

Doesn’t this mean that whatever Bentley has done or what protocol is being used, I should be able to use OBD11 with my ECU?

But even where I can get a stable connection to Torque, when I try to diagnose / look at error codes, the app just returns me to the previous screen?

Capp777
on: July 26, 2018 (GMT)

Did you go into Adapter Status icon information
like Ian described to see a list of mode 01
sensors supported?

Are there any errors shown in the adapter status
information?

DManzaluni
on: July 27, 2018 (GMT)

Sorry, I cant figure out how to get into adapter status through the icon, – I did follow how to get to the adapter, and saw it in the list but when I tap on it, a browser opens and i just get taken to some ebay page!

Unless I am looking in the wrong place, no error messages appear. It is as if the device is connecting, getting into the ECU and then not actually doing anything. Or, the input electronics is working but the output electronics has failed?

Capp777
on: July 28, 2018 (GMT)

For some devices you have to swipe the
icon area on the main screen to see the
other icons which are out-of-view.

DManzaluni
on: July 30, 2018 (GMT)

No, it doesn’t swipe (either way) it only goes to a browser and opens eBay when I tap the picture of my adapter in SETTINGS (cog wheel on screen) OBD ADAPTER INFORMATION.

Yes, it does say TAP AN IMAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION at the top of that page!

Is there possibily any incompatibility between Torque and the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, such that it won’t install properly? I seem to remember that Torque did return some information on my prior phone, – an S3.

Capp777

Are you using Torque Pro downloaded
from Google Play? I have two devices and
neither behave like you are describing.
Galaxy Exhibit and a Tab 3.

The Adapter Status icon is found on the
main screen that you typically get when
starting Torque Pro.

Settings is where you can chose which adapter
to use (I personally have four paired at the
moment) and what type BT, WIFI, USB.

Settings drills down into submenus. Never
seen any links to anything other than the
wiki site used to support Torque, Theme
Server and the web lookup feature for DTCs.

DManzaluni

No, sorry, I am using Torque Lite!

Does it have completely different functionality?

Capp777

Apparently it is a one of many features
unique to Torque Pro.

DManzaluni
on: July 31, 2018 (GMT)

What, – that it reports results to the screens and can be diagnosed to see if anything is wrong with the protocols when it isnt working?

Capp777
on: July 31, 2018 (GMT)

I tried looking to see if google play showed
the various screens but it didn’t show the
Adapter Status information.

For my vehicles (Ford PWM/CAN protocols),
it shows things like…

Protocol Used.

Connection status info.

OBD Mode 01 Sensors supported as reported
by your vehicle.

Adapter info.

Errors encountered (should be zero for a
properly working adapter.

PIDs read speed info.

It works for my vehicles and devices
when reading fully OBDII compliant
vehicles and protocols known by
working Elm327 Adapters.

Some cheap adapters don’t read the
older protocols due to missing parts,
etc. Lots of past threads discussing this
problem.

Do you know what protocol your Bentley
uses? I haven’t found that basic info yet.

(Just another Torque Pro user).

DManzaluni
on: August 1, 2018 (GMT)

I think that may be the whole problem. Bentley seems to like to keep protocol information secret!

The software connects automatically. Then sometimes it disconnects. When it does, it searches around protocols and usually doesnt find one. Occasionally it reports that the car seems to use protocol 3, whatever that is. But even then, Torque reports nothing whatsoever!

But the vehicle is OBD11 compliant. Which being the case, I wonder whether Torque Lite should report anything? Surely it should?

Can software report anything if everything connects, and Torque reports that it has succesfully connected to the ECU even though there are no protocols? Torque themselves are reluctant to answer this question, –even where the indications are thatt the software is not at fault but rather that the el-cheapo adapter might well have failed.

The only way I can check any of this is to get another adapter (they all seem to cost the same) and see what happens. I wonder if the 3-4 main types available are all the same inside, or if one is more reliable or compatible than the others?

Torque has said “it likely supports OBD2 fault codes only for engine/powertrain codes)” But they wont say why the program just returns me to the previous screen when I try to see what codes are being reported! So I am left wondering if this program is just ultra-flakey?

DManzaluni
on: June 3, 2020 (GMT)

I haven’t made any progress with this situation and my adapter still reports nothing significant at all times. No input no proper activity on the various screens. It does spin between ‘connected to ecu’ and ‘no output from ECU’

But I have just discovered that the car uses Motronic 3.3 software, as used by BMW in the E32/E40 V8s.

Should this make a difference and SHOULD Torque report anything?

Or do I really have to get a OBDLink MX Bluetooth Obd-II Scan Tool adapter instead of my Chinese one?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.062 seconds.

Follow me on twitter