Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Reset Trip Counters also resets Miles Per Gallon (Long Term Average)?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reset Trip Counters also resets Miles Per Gallon (Long Term Average)?
JeremyB
Post Reset Trip Counters also resets Miles Per Gallon (Long Term Average)?
on: June 28, 2012 (GMT)

I noticed a new feature few updates ago that when I click on menu and “Reset Trip Counters” that the Long Term Fuel average is also reset. Is this on purpose, if so, why?

My trip fuel mpg gauges occasionally hang up and I need to reset them to get them working again. If I do so, the long term average is also reset, an unwanted outcome.

I found some odd responses when I tried to set individual gauges.

Trip Time (Total) – Resets. However, you can’t reset “Trip Time (Moving)” or “Trip Time (Stationary)”

Trip mpg – Resets, but uses the current accumulated fuel used number resulting in very low trip mpg.

—————————————
2019 Toyota Highlander Hybrid – E10 Petrol
2014 Toyota 4Runner 4.0L – E10 Petrol

[X] Enhanced Fuel MPG
[X} Faster Communication
Units:
Use Miles
Use Feet
Use Gallons
US Galllons, not Imperial

GeneO
Post Re: Reset Trip Counters also resets Miles Per Gallon (Long Term Average)?
on: June 29, 2012 (GMT)

Yes, would you please fix this. I just went on a long trip and it was a PITA. Also, my mpg, which used to be spot on, is now off since a couple of upgrades.

This app needs to be kept stable.

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 29, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

There was a bug in the MPG readings which was fixed not long ago – so check the units you are using (US gallons vs Imperial Gallons) which can make a difference of as much as 20% for MPG readings.

Also, make sure you have ‘Faster Communications’ and ‘Enhanced MPG calculation’ if you want the most accurate MPG readings available.

I will look into the other issues reported. Updates are released as bugs are found and fixed and new capabilities are put into the app

JeremyB
on: December 19, 2012 (GMT)

Reset Trip Counter resets the long term fuel average again. It was fixed for a while. Has been this way for a few releases. Can you fix this, or is this the functionality you want?

—————————————
2019 Toyota Highlander Hybrid – E10 Petrol
2014 Toyota 4Runner 4.0L – E10 Petrol

[X] Enhanced Fuel MPG
[X} Faster Communication
Units:
Use Miles
Use Feet
Use Gallons
US Galllons, not Imperial

svorkoetter
on: November 10, 2017 (GMT)

Just want to bump this. This bug still exists as of the current version of Torque Pro.

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 11, 2017 (GMT)

Hi!

Ok, this will change in the next update and the long term fuel average will no longer get reset when that menu option is used, I’ll try to get those other resets sorted out too

When the gauges ‘hang up’/stick, what value is displayed? (Could indicate a bad value is getting in from the adapter, which is the usual culprit, and I’ll try to filter that)

svorkoetter
on: November 13, 2017 (GMT)

Sorry, I wasn’t having the hang-up problem, just the problem that the trip button resets everything. BTW, it would be handy to have a “reset long term” button as well, but separate from a “reset trip” button.

svorkoetter
on: November 15, 2017 (GMT)

Ideally, there would be separate indicators and reset buttons for trip, tank, and long term mpg. The latter could just be two each of the same, that the user resets at different times. The trip fuel economy would reset whenever the trip resets, whether by user action, or Torque restarting.

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 15, 2017 (GMT)

Hi!

Ok, I’ll try to split that up a bit after the .160 release!

svorkoetter
on: November 22, 2017 (GMT)

I just noticed that the original report in this thread is about the menu item. In my case, it’s the Trip Reset _button_ display. Clicking that button also resets the long term average.

Question for Ian: What is the difference between the Reset Trip button and the Reset L/100km button? As far as I can see, the former resets all the trip counters, and also resets the long term average. Driving off at that point, the trip average and long term average change rapidly until some history has been built up, as expected. They remain in lock step until the next time that Torque is started (at which point the trip average resets), which is also as expected.

The Reset L/100km button seems to do something different, because when I press it, the long term average changes to a different value, and which does not change quickly when I start driving, suggesting that it’s still has some history associated with it, although what that history is, I don’t know, since it isn’t even close to the (very accurate) long term values I was getting before pressing the button.

eaglesvr
on: January 5, 2018 (GMT)

I have just an opposite issue: a counter has not been not reset.
Since a some of previous updates I noticed that Trip distance is not reset anymore, whereas the rest of trip counters like MPG, time, amount of fuel are. So, if I forget to reset previous distance manually then trip MPG shows unreal high numbers in the beginning. And total trip MPG calculation by the end of the trip is a way inaccurate.
Only workable way to reset Trip distance is long pressing to the dashboard gauge and use “reset stored min/max values” The Dashboard menu item “Reset trip counters” won’t do it. Sometimes, even if trip distance is reset manually before starting engine, previous distance value restores back when I start the car. BTW. another annoying issue happens at this time- the app switches from Real time Dashboard to the starting screen
Torque pro 1.8.178. Moto G2 Android 6 stock, rooted

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.037 seconds.

Follow me on twitter