Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Custom PID codes

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: Custom PID codes
DanCreed
Post Re: Custom PID codes
on: June 14, 2011 (GMT)

Hey Ian… with the most recent version and the Gen III Prius fuel level PID… It constantly displays 28.3 gallons (which is impossible as it only has an 11.9 gallon tank)… Ironically this is exactly 2X the maximum (and I recently filled the tank, so either it’s displaying the maximum value X2 (so just have to change the PID to 2500 instead of 5000).. (I think)… :)

I’ll let you know as I drive more if it goes down (I’m concerned it might not be, as I drove 30 miles today and it didn’t seem to go down even 1/10th of a gallon however as I was driving around town I was getting very good gas mileage..

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 14, 2011 (GMT)

Hi

Thanks for the debug, I was looking at it earlier tonight!

It appears that the fuel level PID isn’t actually supported by your paticular Prius, which is replying with a ‘not supported’ response, however, due to a small bug it’s getting parsed as an actual response, hence the non-sensical numbers

I’ve already fixed it in the codebase, and you’ll get the update in the next release of the app!

usbseawolf2000
on: June 15, 2011 (GMT)

Just bought a used Android phone and Torque app to use it in my 2006 Prius.

I am trying to add custom PIDs for my Gen2 Prius. Any pointer how to convert the information in the spreadsheet to the app’s formula?

I think understand the MTH. What are the A, B, D and E used in the formula? Are they derived from RXF and RXD?

I have checked the FAQ and Wiki but could not find a guide. Any input would be great.

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 15, 2011 (GMT)

Hi

Have a look on the first page of this thread, about half way down: http://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=232.0 you’re looking for a post by ‘judgeless’ which explains how the various bits of that work

Ian

usbseawolf2000
on: June 17, 2011 (GMT)

I read that and gained insight on how ScanGauge works. I am still clueless about Torque’s formula. What does A represent?

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 17, 2011 (GMT)

A represents the first sequence of bytes in the reply from the vehicle, so it’s basically the first ‘Value’.

Data comes through in pairs of hex bytes (0-F) and is converted to decimal for ease of use, so the first 0x00 is A, the second 0x00 is B, etc

edwindejonge
on: June 18, 2011 (GMT)

Can somebody do another example how to convert the Prius scanguage code to a Torque version. Eg SOC State of Charge. I tried following the first example on page 1 of this thread but didn’t succeed.
Thx for the effort. I like Torque (paid version) a lot.

usbseawolf2000
on: June 20, 2011 (GMT)

Ed, just wondering. Which model year of Prius and OBDII device do you have?

I just ordered Kiwi Bluetooth. I was using ebay clone and was getting inconsistent results. I felt my time isn’t worth wasting so I went with the Kiwi.

bobsmtihe2
on: June 21, 2011 (GMT)

How would one enter in the following:

Transmission Fluid Temperature (ex Allison) 07E0221940 046205190640 3008 00090005FFD8 TFT Degrees F
Allison Transmission Fluid Temperature 07E2221940 046205190640 3008 00090005FFD8 TFT Degrees F

From what I can tell, when entering a custom PID, I just need from the “22” forward. How do I tell Torque that I need 07E2 instead of 07E0??

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

The first one is already added as the standard Ford extended PID set – go into the settings->extra sensors->press menu->add predefined set and choose the ford one.

The Allison one (the same PID) should also be picked up automatically if it works. let me know if you have issues

Ian

jerry

Does anyone know how to get the transmission temperature for a 09 Hyundai Santa Fe?

edwindejonge

Quote from usbseawolf2000 on June 20, 2011
Ed, just wondering. Which model year of Prius and OBDII device do you have?

I bought mine with DealExtreme.com
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/obdii-bluetooth-car-diagnostic-cable-black-blue-orange-dc-12v-42825

I have a Toyota Prius gen 3 type IV

usbseawolf2000
on: June 22, 2011 (GMT)

Quote from edwindejonge on June 21, 2011I bought mine with DealExtreme.com
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/obdii-bluetooth-car-diagnostic-cable-black-blue-orange-dc-12v-42825

I have a Toyota Prius gen 3 type IV

First confirm that the predefined PIDs (ex: MG1 RPM) works with your Gen3 Prius. This is to rule out that the clone Elm327 works with the hybrid specific PIDs.

After that, you can make the next step to do the battery SOC.

priusfan
on: June 23, 2011 (GMT)

Bonjour,
I come back after a long time on this forum.

I tried this morning with an Asus Transformer on a Prius Gen3.

Definitely, some figures are OK….

Regarding Torque for MG1, MG2 & ICE , definitely, all the values are in N.M (prius is japanese, system is metric, and this was checked using techstream) so you must convert to get Lb Foot.

I use the Obdlink interface, it is 3 times faster as the one on the previous post (I did some benchmark);
the reason is the link between the ELM327 (or clone) and the BT interface is limited to 38400 instead of 115200.

and now, some questions:
1) how to get the full log of the trafic (for debugging)?
2) is it possible to create calculated values; for instance Power (kW) = Torque (N.m) x Speed (RPM) / 9.5488
3) when will the multiframe function be available?

Thx for a nice product.

Priusfan (aka frenchie on priuschat).

bobsmtihe2

Quote from admin on June 21, 2011
Hi!

The first one is already added as the standard Ford extended PID set – go into the settings->extra sensors->press menu->add predefined set and choose the ford one.

The Allison one (the same PID) should also be picked up automatically if it works. let me know if you have issues

Ian

Well, Torque shows that it is receiving the PID – has blinking green light – but the value never goes above zero.

priusfan

Quote from edwindejonge on June 18, 2011
Can somebody do another example how to convert the Prius scanguage code to a Torque version. Eg SOC State of Charge. I tried following the first example on page 1 of this thread but didn’t succeed.
Thx for the effort. I like Torque (paid version) a lot.
you should do like http://priusfan.info/divers/P20110623170437.png

usbseawolf2000
on: June 24, 2011 (GMT)

Priusfan, how did you know the data was in A? And how did you figure out you supposed to divide it by 2?

priusfan

Bonsoir,
because I know quite well the prius gen3, and FYI, most of the parameters used for scangauge for this car, as you can see on the spreadsheet made by AB, are coming from myself and converted for scangauge by AB & others.

I hope, with the help from Ian, we can get soon many more infos when multiframe will be operational in torque.
one of the most important is the real fuel consumption…

usbseawolf2000

Thanks, Priusfan. I agree, muti-frame support would be great.

I have Gen2 Prius. The formula and PIDs are not the same as Gen3 Prius.

For Gen2, HV battery SOC

PID = 21CE
Header = 7E3
Formula = B/2 (based on viewing the graph, still experimenting)

priusfan

@usbseawolf2000
7e3 21ce
SoC for gen 2; I think it’s ok : b/2

and with the 2 next c & d, you should get BattV
experiment around :
C*256 + D

trouble is answer to 7e3 21 CE is multiframe so we get an offset of 1 byte…

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.068 seconds.

Follow me on twitter