Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque / Mitsubishi MUT protocol

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Torque / Mitsubishi MUT protocol
d3m0n
Post Torque / Mitsubishi MUT protocol
on: June 12, 2012 (GMT)

Hi,

I’m wondering whether there will be support for the Mitsubishi MUT protocol in future releases of Torque?

I have an Evolution 5, and although it has the OBD2 port, it uses the MUT protocol to communicate with the ECU, as far as I know.

I tried the free version of Torque with a BT ODB2 adapter, and although the adapter connects to my phone just fine, and Torque reports no other errors with the adapter, it can’t talk to the ECU.

If MUT support could be built in, I would definitely buy Torque, and have plenty of friends to recommend it to, also running Evolutions!

Cheers!

nico326
Post Re: Torque / Mitsubishi MUT protocol
on: June 13, 2012 (GMT)

Yes, this please! I have an Evo VI with the exact same issue. It’s to the point where I’m considering installing an Evo 7 ecu for compatibility and a few other features. Extremely frustrating problem…

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 14, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

Does anyone know adapters that work with MUT (and also have any protocol documentation on MUT itself?)

d3m0n
on: June 16, 2012 (GMT)

Hi Ian,

I’ve sent you a reply to my feature request mail, with some links to documentation on the MUT protocol… Hope it helps!

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Yes, got the email – had a (very) quick look at it on my phone, not had a chance to look at it properly yet as I’ve been busy getting the 1.5.70 update out (which I’ve just completed)

It looks possible (likely via OBDKey, similar to the SSM protocol). I can write something, but without an ECU to check against, it’ll be a bit of blind coding. I’ll add it to the list of protocols and put something in (if you’ll see this in the next few updates after vagcom support – the init for which is very similar)

d3m0n

Great stuff, cheers!

I’ll ask on the Lancer Register/Geekmapped forums, to see if anyone has a spare ECU they could donate, to aid the cause…

piemmm
Administrator

Just point me to a cheap one on ebay :-)

All I need is the pinout for which wires are the k-line and power and I /should/ be able to get something working from that

HoLms
on: June 17, 2012 (GMT)

news for evo 6 ? impossible connect

d3m0n
on: June 17, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from admin on June 16, 2012
Just point me to a cheap one on ebay :-)

All I need is the pinout for which wires are the k-line and power and I /should/ be able to get something working from that

andy@redsquarecircus.com

This guy ^^ is selling a standard Evo 4 ECU for £25 delivered… I’m assuming the relevant pins will be the same, as it’s a 1996 car, has an OBD2 port, and uses the same MUT protocol as the 5 and 6.

nico326
on: June 18, 2012 (GMT)

This is great news, thank you so much for updating this for us! I am in Japan so if there is anything you need from this side of the world please do let me know.

ois
on: June 19, 2012 (GMT)

sorry if this isnt related to this but ive got a 2001 mitsubishi colt, its obd2 but yet its not able to communicate to the ecu, is there a fix for this?
thanks in advance

nico326
on: June 25, 2012 (GMT)

piemmm, were you able to get the needed information/equipment for the update?

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 26, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

Not got the ECU yet – had to get 1.5.72 out to address a couple of issues with some devices which is now complete. This and VW support are my next targets for protocol support

d3m0n
on: June 26, 2012 (GMT)

That’s great news! Look forward to an update… I’m ready to spread the word to all my Evo 4-6 owning friends haha!

nico326
on: July 19, 2012 (GMT)

Have you been able to make any progress on this?

Also, how exactly do we update torque once an update has been released? Thank you.

d3m0n
on: July 24, 2012 (GMT)

Just bumping up to see if there’s been any progress lately? I noticed that VAGCOM support seems to be coming along well? :)

al200
on: August 4, 2012 (GMT)

? !!!

falconer
on: August 6, 2012 (GMT)

Just bumping to see if there has been progress on mut iii protocols & to add a link for the Pin Outs for an Evo X

http://www.evoscan.com/technical-vehicle-manuals/23-evox-efi-ecu-pins

Look forward to your reply

barthelemy2b
on: January 19, 2013 (GMT)

Pajero 3.2 did (2005) . i can’t connect to ecu. obd connector but MUT protocol. The last version should work on my car since it has “Mitsubishi MUT support” ?

The software works great with my vw (caddy life tdi 105 2004).

regards.

piemmm
Administrator
on: January 20, 2013 (GMT)

Hi

MUT support has been added – the initial support is working, it now just needs some PIDs which another user is working on (as I don’t have a mitsubishi here to play with)

Once the PIDs are done, then it’s a case of that user releasing a plugin on the market, or sending the list to me for inclusion in the app

I’m not 100% sure if this will work on non-obd2 vehicles as I’m not an expert on MUT itself

Pages: [1] 2 3
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.063 seconds.

Follow me on twitter