Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Fuel consumption from torque

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fuel consumption from torque
corco36
Post Fuel consumption from torque
on: June 7, 2012 (GMT)

Hi,
I have a problem. I’ve seen that fuel consumption (L / 100 Km) obtained by Torque is very high. Someone I could say what is the formula that uses Torque to estimate consumption.

Thanks a lot

sisco1983
Post Re: Fuel consumption from torque
on: April 16, 2018 (GMT)

i’m also interested on this issue.

Hello,

I’m writing this post since I’m another user with fuel consumption issues.

I’ve a FIAT tipo Diesel 1,6 Mtj manufactured in 2017
The trip computer of my car is quite accurate, for example it shows an average of 19 and usually at refueling I record 19,2

Torque pro with:
Faster communication activate
Don’t calculate MPG not activate
Enhanced MPG calculation activated
0 errors from obd reader V gate I-car pro
Car parameters properly insert

Torque pro Test on a Trip of 100 km approximately, outbound and inbound

Issues:
– As you can see from the graph, the fuel consumption in the first 20 km is really affected by an initial KPL value too high and absolutely unreal
– The outbound trip done with MPG “trim adjustment” =1 finished with a trip average KPL on torque of 17,6 . Car computer was 22,5
– On the inbound trip done with MPG “trim adjustment” =1,28 finished with a trip average KPL on torque of 18,98 . Car computer was 19,7
– Additional issue: ODB torque records 106 km/h but Gps average is 108 and cruise control set to 110 (original tires)

Actually, same difference dependent on trim adjustment value is seen also on instant KPL.

Main issue is for sure the very high value on first trip phase.. with trim adjustment I suppose that I can reach a good balance between car computer and torque calculation .
But a saw in a lot of discussions that trim adjustment should be not modified.

Can someone help me?
I can attach also pictures and excel file obtained from the log.

My goal is to plot average fuel consumption during my trips with different speed

EDIT : how can i attach pictures and excel file

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.009 seconds.

Follow me on twitter