Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Speedo and Odometer Recalibation

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Speedo and Odometer Recalibation
triton8273
Post Speedo and Odometer Recalibation
on: May 20, 2012 (GMT)

I will soon be moving up from 245/65/17 tires to 265/70/17’s and want to know if it’s possible to do the recalibration’s for the speedometer and odometer with Torque?

Thanks

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Speedo and Odometer Recalibation
on: May 21, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

Not really – the speedometer is one of the few protected instruments (you need to know special codes to get access to it’s reprogramming functions on most vehicles) as it would make it simplistic to then alter various parts of it (for example program it to always under-read so it records less miles driven, information on how to do this on a per manufacturer basis is also not easily available

There will be a ‘adjust OBD speed’ setting in the app so the speed readings (within torque only) can be adjusted for the displays there – it will be added in the next couple of updates with a bit of luck (I’m currently stuck testing the next update and fixing an issue I found at the last moment before release)

Yankees2019
on: September 24, 2019 (GMT)

Hello can you please tell me how do I change my digital odometer miles using The OBD2. What app do I have to download ? To make this work I seen a couple of videos on YouTube that they change the digital miles but they do not show you what app they are using to do this. Please let me know thank you

moreause
on: September 27, 2019 (GMT)

Never seen such app, you need something more advanced to do that …and i don’t think it will be free or in the open

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.031 seconds.

Follow me on twitter