Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Toyota Diesel

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Toyota Diesel
ashdeen
Post Toyota Diesel
on: May 16, 2012 (GMT)

Hi all,

Been unable to connect to Toyota diesel although it is OBDII. Any idea why? Are there specific PIDs for Toyota?

Cheers.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Toyota Diesel
on: May 16, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

Check your adapter, especially if is a clone – if the vehicle is definitely OBD2 compliant, then it will work with Torque (just having the correct shaped socket does not guarantee that it’s OBD2 compliant)

If you are unable to get a connection (and have selected the correct bluetooth adapter to use) then you will need possibly get the adapter replaced

ashdeen
on: May 17, 2012 (GMT)

Hi,

Am using a OBDLink MX bought from Scantool.net.

Cheers.

ashdeen

Hi,

Sorry, I have been able to connect to Skoda, Honda & Mercedes but unable to connect to Toyota as well as Lexus, bought of which are OBD compliant.

Thanks.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Should be working with the OBDLink MX as that’s a good adapter (and properly tested)

Have you checked that the vehicle is OBD2 compliant – ie: it’s written somewhere. Just having the correct shaped socket is unfortunately not a guarantee that it’s OBD2 compliant

What country are you in and what fuel type and year of manufacture are the vehicles you’re trying on? Are they imports from another country?

Also, check that the pins on the diagnostic socket are okay (not pushed in or anything like that)

Ivan Petrov
on: June 1, 2012 (GMT)

Hi,
I have tested Torque app with European 12.2006 Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D Engine and it works just fine… I`m using ELM327 VGate bluetooth adapter

protko
on: June 17, 2012 (GMT)

I got also a 2001 D4D Avensis and the App can’t communicate with the ECU. Tries all the available protocols but cant connect.

I think the car got a 16 pin OBD connector but sadly uses some earlyer -I dont what kind of- protocol….

following adapter:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/obdii-bluetooth-car-diagnostic-cable-black-blue-orange-dc-12v-42825

piemmm
Administrator

Bear in mind that many diesels aren’t compliant until 2004 (when it was required by legeslation) – this doesn’t stop manufacturers implementing it early however. The 2004 is a requirement for OBD2 support by EU / US legeslation for vehicles manufactured from that date onwards

protko

Quote from admin on June 17, 2012
Bear in mind that many diesels aren’t compliant until 2004 (when it was required by legeslation) – this doesn’t stop manufacturers implementing it early however. The 2004 is a requirement for OBD2 support by EU / US legeslation for vehicles manufactured from that date onwards

Thanks!
In the meantime I found that Toyo used DXM Protocol/Interface in the Avensis since 1999-

It’s strange because other vehicles with DXM protocol seem to work, but not all….

Eric
on: June 23, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from ashdeen on May 17, 2012
Hi,

Sorry, I have been able to connect to Skoda, Honda & Mercedes but unable to connect to Toyota as well as Lexus, bought of which are OBD compliant.

Thanks.

It might has to do with some Toyota’s non-standard implementation of ISO-14230 protocol. My 1997 Toyota’s ECU uses 9.6Kbps instead of 10.4Kbps, and it uses address 13 instead of the default 33.

You can verify this by issuing the commands at terminal. If your car is like mine it will respond to the last command 0100 with data.

atsp 4
atsi
atib 96
atiia 13
atsi
atsh 82 13 F0

protko
on: July 19, 2012 (GMT)

could you implement the protocol used by -2004 Japan cars?

for exaple: 2001 D4D Avensis

PredatorAMG
on: August 9, 2014 (GMT)

Hi I have a 2008 Toyota D4D diesel and this elm 327 doesn’t connect to the ecu. It worked perfectly on my Mercedes. Could it still be the elm or is there a setting on Torque app that I must change?

layrey
on: December 4, 2015 (GMT)

Hi …am in malaysia…in sabah (north borneo)…i use VGATE bluetooth scan tool, same like that shown by one of he members here …
my ride is 2005 toyota hilux vigo (kun25r prmshe) manual …also have the same problem “CAN’T CONNECT TO ECU” …

the bluetooth connection is okay…

my my vigo is 16-pin

Always a learner…

layrey
on: December 4, 2015 (GMT)

Hi …am in malaysia…in sabah (north borneo)…i use VGATE bluetooth scan tool, same like that shown by one of he members here …
my ride is 2005 toyota hilux vigo (kun25r prmshe) manual …also have the same problem “CAN’T CONNECT TO ECU” …

the bluetooth connection is okay…

my my vigo is 16-pin

Always a learner…

sergrrrr
on: February 3, 2016 (GMT)

HI, my avensis 2005 2.2 D-cat and bluetooth OBD reads a lot ECU entries BUT I really need DPF temperature, actually Exhaust Gas Temperature B1S1, and B1S2. Why its not supported ? Is it limitation of the OBD adapter or my ECU? OBD adapter shows protocol – “ISO14230-4 KWP” fast in use. Do I have to buy another adapter to read other protocols ? When I connect my laptop with “Toyota techstream” soft I can see all I need. Can Torque Pro switches between different protocols ?

Capp777
on: February 3, 2016 (GMT)

You might try testing pid 0178 for a response.

yt2
on: June 29, 2016 (GMT)

I purchased a quality OBDLink MX Bluetooth Scan Tool and could not get it to work on my MY16 200 Land Cruiser (this unit worked om my MY12 Wrangler). I tried again tonight and it work’s? The only thing that was done to the vehicle was it went to Toyota for the 10,000 service. Strange…

avensisD4D2008
on: March 13, 2017 (GMT)

@sergrrrr:
I’ve the same Problem. Did you find a aolution?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.063 seconds.

Follow me on twitter