Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque as a replacement for aLapHD?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque as a replacement for aLapHD?
davidc
Post Torque as a replacement for aLapHD?
on: April 12, 2012 (GMT)

A few months ago somebody mentioned whether you could add track maps to your track recorder similar to aLapHD.

aLapHD was a very popular Android app, but it appears the developer has fallen off the face of the earth.

It was a great app, but still had a lot of bugs. It would be awesome if you app could take it’s place. You would probably gain a very large number of new buyers, as aLapHD was pretty much the only Android track data and video recorder

I’m gonna ask and acquaintance of mine to chime in here to tell you how it worked and what it’s advantages and disadvantages were compared with Torque. We all love Torque, and we though aLapHD was gonna be great, but know we are all very frustrated.

Thanks for your great app Ian!

Dave

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Torque as a replacement for aLapHD?

Hi!

Have you seen the ‘Track Recorder’ plugin for Torque? that’s probably more along the lines of what you are after

lovegroova

David hasn’t yet found the Track Recorder Plug-in which does much of what aLap did. There are one or two exceptions though.

1) Lap and Sector Times – one can add lap times using Race Render but some folk want more detail

2) Gear Calculation – aLap let you input the following information and would calculate the gear based on RPM and Speed
a) Each Gear Ratio
b) Final/Diff Gear Ratio
c) Tyre Circumference

3) Use an external microphone to record sound.

That’s all – not too much I hope!

MrMichael
on: September 26, 2016 (GMT)

Following 😀

Would also like to add:
Graph Throttle position (available in Torque)
G-meter (available in RaceMeter)
(Gear is also available in RaceMeter)

Alarms!
Defined RPM, Temperature, error alarms.

Great work!

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.059 seconds.

Follow me on twitter