Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Oil Temp BMW E91 330d N57

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oil Temp BMW E91 330d N57
Pierrot88
Post Oil Temp BMW E91 330d N57
on: February 20, 2024 (GMT)

Hello,
For years, I have been desperately trying to retrieve a custom PID for getting the oil temperature on my BMW 330d N57.
I recently managed to get the oil temp by using an alternative app but this app is slow as hell (refresh rate is approximately 1 Hz).
My questions:
– Does anybody know the PID I am looking for?
– If not, is there a way to extract the PID from the alternative app and use with Torque?
Thanks!

Rocket.99
Post Re: Oil Temp BMW E91 330d N57
on: March 2, 2024 (GMT)

What is the “ahem…. alternative app” you found that gives an oil temp reading? As far as I knew, if the car doesn’t have that programmed into the ECU then you have to install a physical oil temp sensor and run a wire through to you instrument pd el area x d install a gauge (electronic digital, of course, unless you can perfectly match the BMW gauges, which of course are now obsolete since the G-series. Anyway, I’d love to know what app you found to give you that readout, thanks.

Rocket.99
on: March 2, 2024 (GMT)

What is the “ahem…. alternative app” you found that gives an oil temp reading? As far as I knew, if the car doesn’t have that programmed into the ECU then you have to install a physical oil temp sensor and run a wire through to you instrument pd el area x d install a gauge (electronic digital, of course, unless you can perfectly match the BMW gauges, which of course are now obsolete since the G-series. Anyway, I’d love to know what app you found to give you that readout, thanks.

Pierrot88
on: March 11, 2024 (GMT)

Hi there,
The app is car scanner. I paired it via bluetooth with the ELM327 device.
With this app you can select the brand of your vehicle and then it gives you the possibility of choosing among several profiles. I have obviously chose the N57 one as it matches with my car’s engine.
I thought there was no oil temp sensor on my car, but I am obviously getting a reading. Is this direct reading from a sensor or a calculated value based on several genuine live data? Is it accurate or is it not? Who knows…

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.

Follow me on twitter