Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Unable to update on Android headunit, came pre installed.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unable to update on Android headunit, came pre installed.
shadowdragon246
Post Unable to update on Android headunit, came pre installed.
on: December 17, 2023 (GMT)

I have torque pro for many years, purchased it back in 2011 or 2012. back in 2019 I bought an android headunit that came pre installed with torque pro, I figgured its a cracked version. I used it for awhile. but I couldnt update it from the play store, I had to update it a diffenret way I can not remember, but was a bit of a runaround. So last year I uninstalled it to reinstall from the playstore, and it said it was already installed, and would not let me install it. so I did a factory reset, and bham it came up as the last update version when I updated in 2020/2021… and this time shows up in thr playstore, saying there is an update available, but that it is the current version, and will not let me update it…. I cant use user themes as it says the database is incorrect. etc. is there a way I can force an update? I really enjoy having it on my headunit vs my phone. my phone is currently updated, and has full functionality.

Vasilich
Post Re: Unable to update on Android headunit, came pre installed.
on: January 3, 2024 (GMT)

Search the forum for your headunit and ask there how to uninstall preinstalled cracked version.
You cannot update from GPlay because the cracked version you have on your HU has signature, that differs from original app, and so cannot be updated. The only way is to uninstall illegal version somehow (you will probably need root rights to do it if Torque was installed as system app….)

NimRock
on: January 7, 2024 (GMT)

No. Google does not allow Russian users to update paid applications through the Play Store. That’s the real reason. If they update the application via apk file, then it will update without problems. Some software developers, knowing this, post apk files outside the play market.

Vasilich
on: January 8, 2024 (GMT)

@NimRock,
who talked about russian users?
Google play market won’t update it if the signature of installed app differs from Google play market one – and it is different as software was cracked before installing.
So – no influence of sanctions, as it happens for non-russian users too.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.032 seconds.

Follow me on twitter