Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Missing SAE PIDs, compared to OBDLink, CarScanner and wrong average consumption

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Missing SAE PIDs, compared to OBDLink, CarScanner and wrong average consumption
nexusband
Post Missing SAE PIDs, compared to OBDLink, CarScanner and wrong average consumption
on: October 11, 2023 (GMT)

Hi,

been using Torque Pro for many years now with various adapters and cars – been very happy with it.
My new Car however (Mazda CX-60) is missing some “standard” PIDs, that are shown in Torque Pro, but receive no data.

For example, the CX-60 has 3 Intake Temperature Sensors and 3 Charge Temperature Air Sensors. Through the Mazda Skyactive-D PID Plugin i can get one Charge Air sensor, but that’s not the one i actually want. (I want the air temp before the intercooler)

The interesting part is, through “Adapter Status” i can see that there’s a LOT of things recognized, where there’s no Data from the Sensor (or rather, “No Data Received”).

The Sensor for the DEF (NOX-Fluid or Reagent-Fluid) Tank also doesn’t show Data.

Is it possible something has gone wrong?

Capp777
Post Re: Missing SAE PIDs, compared to OBDLink, CarScanner and wrong average consumption
on: October 21, 2023 (GMT)

You might try testing the raw
data response for the pid to see
if any data is returned. (using
the pid editor).

moreause
Post Re: Missing SAE PIDs, compared to OBDLink, CarScanner and wrong average consumption
on: October 23, 2023 (GMT)

<div class=”quote”><p>Quote from nexusband on October 11, 2023
Hi,

been using Torque Pro for many years now with various adapters and cars – been very happy with it.
My new Car however (Mazda CX-60) is missing some “standard” PIDs, that are shown in Torque Pro, but receive no data.

For example, the CX-60 has 3 Intake Temperature Sensors and 3 Charge Temperature Air Sensors. Through the Mazda Skyactive-D PID Plugin i can get one Charge Air sensor, but that’s not the one i actually want. (I want the air temp before the intercooler)

The interesting part is, through “Adapter Status” i can see that there’s a LOT of things recognized, where there’s no Data from the Sensor (or rather, “No Data Received”).

The Sensor for the DEF (NOX-Fluid or Reagent-Fluid) Tank also doesn’t show Data.

Is it possible something has gone wrong?</p></div>

i don’t know hoe torque populate is PID list

if it just try all the standard one

or use the standard obdii request ..
normally the pcm answer with the list of PID that it’s providing

i also had in the past some green pid with no data
just don’t know if it’s torque or the car

Vasilich
on: October 23, 2023 (GMT)

Quote from moreause on October 23, 2023
i don’t know hoe torque populate is PID list

Torque uses OBDII standard where specific PIDs deliver information what PIDs are active and valid for this ECU.

So if ECU responses to request with bitmask saying that PIDs 1,2,34 and 56 are valid, but subsequent request to PID 56 delivers no data – then it is just lousy implementation of OBDII standard by ECU.
Read more on this here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs

Capp777
on: October 24, 2023 (GMT)

I believe Torque uses any
publicly disclosed pids but
some of the newer ones may
use a pid without the correct
data bytes and equation. This
is why I suggested looking at
the raw hex response for the
pid of interest earlier.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.