Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » HP, torque at flywheel

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HP, torque at flywheel
Raj4bhp
Post HP, torque at flywheel
on: August 28, 2023 (GMT)

Hi, new user here, love the app. I am running torque pro in my Android headunit. Have few questions below –
1 The app doesn’t give me any Accelerometer data. Does it uses GPS or OBD data for that? Does it require any setting from user?
2 Is there any option, widget, script etc for torque to also show HP, torque at flywheel, apart from at the wheels?
3 The engine oil temperature option is not in green, ( stays black), does it mean it’s not available in my car or ECU does no give this info to OBD adaptor. Any way to activate it if it’s the second case?

Cheers

moreause
Post Re: HP, torque at flywheel
on: September 3, 2023 (GMT)

<div class=”quote”><p>Quote from Raj4bhp on August 28, 2023
Hi, new user here, love the app. I am running torque pro in my Android headunit. Have few questions below –
1 The app doesn’t give me any Accelerometer data. Does it uses GPS or OBD data for that? Does it require any setting from user?
2 Is there any option, widget, script etc for torque to also show HP, torque at flywheel, apart from at the wheels?
3 The engine oil temperature option is not in green, ( stays black), does it mean it’s not available in my car or ECU does no give this info to OBD adaptor. Any way to activate it if it’s the second case?

Cheers</p></div>

acceleration is taken from the device, cell phone accelerometer
i suspect head unit don’t have such item

hp and torque is a guesstimate at best

if it’s black it because your car doesn’t have it or doesn’t send it in the standard obdii format

it’s probably there but in the car specific pid, your are going to do research to find the specific adress for the data

Raj4bhp
on: September 6, 2023 (GMT)

Thanks for the reply. My vehicle is OBD 2 compliant and all other sensors data is working fine.
I am able to see Torque, HP figures most of the time when accelerating, other times it says ‘no data’. Also the figures shown never reaches even half of the power of my vehicle’s max (even when accelerating hard). I have changed the vehicle weight in profile, but not getting correct figures. And that’s my question if there is any script setting to see torque, HP generated at the flywheel (as many other obd app shows, like Dashcommand), instead of at the wheels as described in wiki- torque?

Vasilich
on: September 8, 2023 (GMT)

Quote from Raj4bhp on September 6, 2023
My vehicle is OBD 2 compliant

The PID for engine oil temperature is not mandatory for OBDII standard, so it is up to manufacturer whether it implements it in ECU to return its value from standard OBDIi PID, or to use custom PID (if at all).

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Follow me on twitter