Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Pending code not being found

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pending code not being found
forcedfx
Post Pending code not being found
on: March 21, 2012 (GMT)

I have a 2000 Passat that regularly sets a pending P0140 code for the secondary oxygen sensor. I have tried Torque Pro and Torque Free and neither one of them find the pending code. Both apps are able to find mature codes that have commanded the MIL on. I am using an ELM 327 adapter.

When I use a USB VAG COM cable with VCDS software it does find the pending code and reports it properly.

When I erase codes with Torque it does successfully erase the pending code as I no longer find it with VCDS.

Anything I should look for to try and resolve this?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Pending code not being found
on: March 21, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

Vag-com isn’t OBD2, so are the conditions for pending code the same as the OBD2 specification or are they under a different (less strict) set of rules for regarding something as pending? Unfortunately they are two different standards.

Both apps send a request for standard OBD2 fault codes (mature and pending), so if the vehicle does not reply to those requests with any codes, they won’t show up in the app. This may just be asymptomatic of the different standards

forcedfx
on: March 22, 2012 (GMT)

I would think the P0140 code for “02 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 1 Sensor 2)” is a standard OBD2 code. The VAG COM can read extended codes for ABS, Air Conditioning, Air Bags, etc. but Is the P0140 emission code an OBD2 compliant code?

If I can, I will try to borrow my brother in law’s Actron scanner and see if it finds the same pending code.

piemmm
Administrator
on: March 22, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

Yes, it should be, unless the other software is mapping it to an OBD2 code itself. Generally speaking, if it’s OBD2, and an emissions code, then the software will be able to pull it from the vehicle if it can be pulled over standard OBD2

About the only thing that can stop this if the fault code is available to be read is a bad adapter (but generally speaking, the app will report the adapter as bad if this happens)

BryGuy
on: June 4, 2017 (GMT)

I have the same issue. Vehicle is 2006 Chrysler 300C 6.1. I had a P0307 read as pending. I bought a Bluetooth adapter by VGate and the Torque Pro app and it is not picking up the pending code. Is it the adapter or a setting I have to activate in the app?

Capp777
on: June 5, 2017 (GMT)

Just curious what mode 07 (according to wiki)
does return?

I would think Torque is reporting what it
receives from your vehicle.

Could it be the code has cleared itself over
the previous or current drive cycles?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.035 seconds.

Follow me on twitter