Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » TP on Joying Head Unit

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TP on Joying Head Unit
Marc2023
Post TP on Joying Head Unit
on: March 7, 2023 (GMT)

Hi There,
I have a two devices. A Samsung Galaxy S21 and a Joying Head Unit (Android 10.1). I have a generic Bluetooth ODB2 reader. Vehicle is a Fiat Ducato 2005 (2.8 JTD) and does support OBD2

So on the Samsung, it connects to the adapter and the ECU fine. It appears to be using “ISO9141-2 5 Baud” when I look at the Interface Status.

I’ve downloaded Torque Pro onto my joying, and that is connecting to the adapter fine, but never connects to the ECU. I have tried forcing it to use “ISO9141-2 5 Baud” but that option isn’t available. I’ve tried with and without Fast Communications. I have also tried to Disable ELM317. No change.

I know the adapter is working and I know it can talk to the ECU, but for some reason, not on my Joying head unit.

Any thoughts please?

BADCUDA1
Post Re: TP on Joying Head Unit
on: July 1, 2023 (GMT)

Sorry not tech savvy but can confirm Torque works on Joying head. But some BT OBD II connectors and joying don’t get along.

Vasilich
Post Re: TP on Joying Head Unit
on: July 3, 2023 (GMT)

i also have Joying HU, and had no problems to use Torque with BT (switched to USB some years ago).
What Torque version do you have on your HU (just to be sure we are talking about same version) – please post version number, not just “latest”.
What does Torque – Adapter status say?
What do you mean with “ELM317” – i don’t know any ELM317 (neither settings nor adapter)?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.

Follow me on twitter