Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Land Rover LR3 EAS ECU Fault codes

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Land Rover LR3 EAS ECU Fault codes
olytechy
Post Land Rover LR3 EAS ECU Fault codes
on: February 20, 2012 (GMT)

Is there anyway to get this application to read the fault codes from an LR3 EAS ECU?

I’m getting suspension faults that are random and would like to get some insight on what they are before taking it to the shop. I have had some bad experiences at the local LR dealership and would like to avoid if possible.

Thanks,
Mike

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Land Rover LR3 EAS ECU Fault codes
on: February 21, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

I’m in the process of adding some BCM support for holden vehicles at the moment, depending on the landrovers ECU it *may* start pulling body codes for you, however I don’t currently have a landrover to test against. BCM and other modules aren’t part of the OBD2 fault code reporting spec, so support for these have to be added usually for each manufacturer.

olytechy
on: February 24, 2012 (GMT)

Is there anything I could do to help?

piemmm
Administrator
on: February 24, 2012 (GMT)

I could send you an apk to test with (but you’d need to uninstall the other apk and it would mean you would need to set some things up again)

olytechy
on: February 25, 2012 (GMT)

I have a bluetooth reciever on my notebook. Could you build an executable JAR that is capable of doing the test? Or we could maybe sync up online sometime and I could send requests and give you the responses.

Mike

piemmm
Administrator
on: February 25, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

if you send me your email address to ian@prowl.org, I’ll send a tagged apk back and see how you get on with it, it won’t be a finished apk, but the fault code reporting part of it is different for you to test

olytechy
on: February 29, 2012 (GMT)

I sent you an email and I haven’t heard back yet. Wanted to make sure you got it. Otherwise, you should be able to get my email from this forum to message me.

Mike

billj214
on: August 5, 2012 (GMT)

Bump!

I am looking for any support to get my LR3 working with Torque, so far I am unable to pull codes or perform test’s.

If there is anything I can do to help just let me know.

Thanks.

mattgreen
on: September 29, 2012 (GMT)

I’m about to start writing a plugin to handle reading Landrover specific fault codes – I have a 2005 Discovery 3 (known as LR3 in the USA) and a 2005 Freelander 1.

I’ll start on the Discovery as it has more interesting ECUs.

I’m guessing there are a few people on here who want to read Landrover fault codes? If so, please get in touch as I might need a few volunteers for testing!

Eventually I’d love to write a plugin to access all the features of the dozen or more ECUs on the vehicle but thought I’d start with fault code reading.

Cheers,
Matt

mal7921
on: October 1, 2012 (GMT)

There is a thread over on the mg-rover.org forums that may help. Many of the extended codes are also shared with the MG and Rover branded cars so cross referencing these will help somewhat.

The thread is at http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=198157

Hope that helps

mattgreen

Ah, many thanks, that may prove useful.

mal7921

No problem, hope it helps cut some of the workload. Someone on the T-Bar.com forum has something with more of the MG Rover codes on it as he has a screenshot which shows P0313 as a misfire with low fuel pressure, however my setup shows the same code as an unknown code.

He may have done it himself, I really don’t know, or there may be something already done with those codes.

P1590 is down as a rough road sensor and has been discussed at length on US land rover forums and is likend to a situation triggered by what is known as ‘The three amigo’s’, where one of three components can trigger the code. I’m not convinced though as I get this code on my MG TF and don’t have two of the options that appear to be needed. Me and my friendly mechanic have a theory though…

Later MG Rover and Land Rover vehicles used an ABS sensor on one of the wheels to measure the speed for the speedo, if the sensor, sensor wiring or the grooved disk on the wheel the sensor reads are damaged, the speedo could become inaccurate and this we feel is the more likely culprit. We will be investigating over the winter, you never know you could be the first person to have a correct definition for the Rover group code P1590 :)

phiphi13
on: October 28, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from mattgreen on September 29, 2012
I’m about to start writing a plugin to handle reading Landrover specific fault codes – I have a 2005 Discovery 3 (known as LR3 in the USA) and a 2005 Freelander 1.

I’m guessing there are a few people on here who want to read Landrover fault codes? If so, please get in touch as I might need a few volunteers for testing!

Eventually I’d love to write a plugin to access all the features of the dozen or more ECUs on the vehicle but thought I’d start with fault code reading.

Cheers,
Matt

yo

my car is a LR4 2011, and i am interessing to test.
i’m french but i traduce easly english.

thanks for your answer. :)

Philippe

binbin
on: October 28, 2012 (GMT)

Hello all,
May I help you to develop the programm for Land Rovers.
We have tried to connect the ELM327 to our Land Rover Range P38, 2001 and our Defender 110 TD5 2003, but doesn’t run.
Only the red light :(((
Someone may help ?
(we are based in France)

TNrover
on: October 29, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from mattgreen on September 29, 2012

Cheers,
Matt

I own a 2006 LR3 and would be interested in being a test subject for you. I specifically have the EAS fault and would love to be able to diagnose it myself rather than take it to the dealer. Let me know how I can help! :)

2006 LR3 owner

spudh
on: October 29, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from binbin on October 28, 2012
Hello all,
May I help you to develop the programm for Land Rovers.
We have tried to connect the ELM327 to our Land Rover Range P38, 2001 and our Defender 110 TD5 2003, but doesn’t run.
Only the red light :(((
Someone may help ?
(we are based in France)

It definitely wont work with a P38. The P38 diagnostics use an OBD standard plug but thats as far is it goes in terms of OBD compliance. The architecture was set up in 1994 so was way before standardisation and is unique to LR. The diagnostic pins need to be physicaly wired differently for different ecus.

There are several diagnostic solutions for the P38, none as affordable or current as Torque. Check out rangerovers.net or landyzone.co.uk for advice on the different options. Storey wilson put together a free EAS diagnostics available here http://www.rswsolutions.com/ but you need to purchase or wire up a specific lead. I personally use Faultmate, expensiiiiive but v.good.

bananas33
on: November 9, 2012 (GMT)

I have a 2003 Freelander and would gladly help the development and/or testing of the plugin

bfc99
on: November 20, 2012 (GMT)

Hello, Recently joined this forum & would welcome helping with Land Rover Fault Codes, I have a 2006 Freelander TD4
Regards
bfc99

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 20, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

Plugins are good! if you have something you’re releasing, give me a shout on email (ian@prowl.org) and I’ll add it to the list of available plugins on the wiki!

Matalicmaster
on: March 3, 2015 (GMT)

Help help help I have a Freelander 1 with the diesel the 2 ltr BMW engin my torque does not read. Any help please.

Pages: [1] 2
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.148 seconds.

Follow me on twitter