Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » So, About Themes now..

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So, About Themes now..
morgfarm1
Post So, About Themes now..
on: October 6, 2022 (GMT)

I am highly confused with the changeover.

I understand that it happened awhile ago, but I’ve been using the same Tablet for several years and JUST NOW managed to take the update for Torque on it, and like others, ALLL SORTS of stuff broke. I get it, Android core changes made it necessary.

BUT that said, I liked the old ways of just editing a txt file with some images and throwing a theme together that way.

I’m going to need some guidance and probably coaching on how to build a new theme. I managed to import my last used theme and I like a few of the subtle changes I see so far, and I’ve found that Torque has added MANY new features since I last took an update. I looked through and found the Github, and downloaded what was presented, but I’m still mighty lost. I don’t use Android Studio — I loved Torque because I could just fire up my graphics software, set a canvas, build a basic image batch, and then use the ol text file to set parameters – life was good.

So, Not only have I no idea how to use Android Studio, I have no idea where the old theme I was using is even located in the new folder heirarchy after the import to take it apart like I would have years ago. I checked the SD Card area and went to /Android/data/org.prowl.torque/files/themeDir/ as instructed per the Wiki, but the folder was empty. Which is why I’m now confused as sin on how I need to put everything together to start building. Any tips and advice for what is now equal to a new user all over again, just due to how drastic the changes have been since I last tinkered with Torque

Thanks for any guidance available — I’m excited to start learning again, but this is for sure over my head now lol

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.006 seconds.

Follow me on twitter