Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » P0715 Fault - Can 'Torque" log sensor data?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: P0715 Fault - Can 'Torque" log sensor data?
emardee
Post P0715 Fault - Can 'Torque" log sensor data?
on: May 25, 2022 (GMT)

Hi.

I’ve just been looking for an app to log some sensor data from a Mazda Premacy 2005 (JDM), (like a Mazda 5, 2006+). Specifically I have been getting a P0715 fault code periodically, and I was looking for an app that is able to log that data from that PID sensor. (I’m wanting to see what changes on the output from that sensor when it throws the fault code versus normal driving with no fault). My understanding is that the output from that sensor is in pulses, with the more pulses per sec indicating increased speed of the input turbine.

Is Torque able to add this type of sensor to the custom PID list? I’ve learnt how to add Custom PIDs in general, but would need to know what the equation for a “pulsed sensor” would need to be to recorded correctly?

I currently have Torque Lite to try the app to see if it will work for this task (and for ongoing monitoring of other stuff). Very happy to buy the Pro version of this app, if I know it it can definitely do what I need.

If anyone is able to help with an equation for this purpose I’d be most grateful.

Thanks

emardee

emardee
Post Re: P0715 Fault - Can
on: May 25, 2022 (GMT)

I guess thinking about it sensibly, the pulsed part is actually irrelevant! (The OBD2 interface isn’t talking direct to the sensor itself, the ECU is already doing that). DOH! I just need Torque to get the Input Turbine RPM from the ECU, in whatever format, and we just need to interpret that data….

emardee
Post Re: P0715 Fault - Can
on: May 26, 2022 (GMT)

I’ve now bought the PRO version to play with, as I read that the Lite version was also many years old now.

I’ve tried adding the 0715 PID code manually with the formula as (A*256+B)/4 (which I read somewhere might work), but that results in a “-” (dash) in the logs, so clearly not right!

I do have the OBD2 dongle and Torque working fine in the car though, so there is at least hope…

Grateful if anyone has any ideas to try.

Thanks

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.

Follow me on twitter