Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » 2004 Ford 6ltr diesel

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 Ford 6ltr diesel
KenCar
Post 2004 Ford 6ltr diesel
on: April 6, 2022 (GMT)

Changed alternator due to current went bad. Had a high output alternator I was planning on putting on. Installed, fired up, ELM327 made connection and charging 14V+. Turned off and now it will not connect to the ECU. Strange. Tried a few things including a second adapter, but nothing. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance.

Capp777
Post Re: 2004 Ford 6ltr diesel
on: April 6, 2022 (GMT)

Just curious if you set the correct
protocol in the vehicle profile?

Bent pins?

Blown fuse?

Bad ground?

KenCar
Post Re: 2004 Ford 6ltr diesel
on: April 9, 2022 (GMT)

Nothing has changed on the truck at all. Head unit connecting to bluetooth OBDII unit(ELM327), but it is not talking to the computer on the truck. Protocols remained the same. Ground has not changed and no bent pins. Tried 2 bluetooth units and still the same error of not talking with truck computer. As stated earlier, talked when I first started truck and got 14V at idle. Then, nothing. Checked all the fuses on the truck and all good. Will look again this weekend. Will run through all the different protocols and see what happens. I tried a few and then put it on auto and all got nothing.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Follow me on twitter