Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Newbie with problems installing custom pids for Curtis Motor controller

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Newbie with problems installing custom pids for Curtis Motor controller
torqueprodummy
Post Newbie with problems installing custom pids for Curtis Motor controller
on: March 30, 2022 (GMT)

I want to have a custom display from my Curtis motor controller on a Galaxy tab running Android 5.1.1. I’m using a thunderstuck can translator with an OBDLink LX. Thunderstruck offers a custom pid file (csv) along with instructions on using it with torquepro. I purchsed v1.12.98 from the play store and created “extendedpids” folder within .torque directory since it did not exist, but cannot add pids as predifined set. Just default entries show up. I’ve uninstall and resinstalled the app and now not even the .torquepro directory shows up (show hidden files/folders enabled. Please advise.

Easy going Wiorld-Ocean Cruiser who enjoy traveling he world meeting new people and exploring different cultures. Lately I have converted my fossil fuel diesel engine to all electric torque drive. and have beentrying to get my thunderstruck canbus adapter to work with torque pro ap to display vital information aboutmy system which consist of Curtis1242 SE and Motenergy Me11115 PMAC motor. I really need to get my torquepro display monitor to work.

cintakc
Post Re: Newbie with problems installing custom pids for Curtis Motor controller
on: March 31, 2022 (GMT)

no .torque
this
Android/data/org.proel.torque/files/extendedpids

torqueprodummy
Post Re: Newbie with problems installing custom pids for Curtis Motor controller
on: April 2, 2022 (GMT)

I’m not seeing anything in the above referenced android/data/ it’s basically empty folder.

Easy going Wiorld-Ocean Cruiser who enjoy traveling he world meeting new people and exploring different cultures. Lately I have converted my fossil fuel diesel engine to all electric torque drive. and have beentrying to get my thunderstruck canbus adapter to work with torque pro ap to display vital information aboutmy system which consist of Curtis1242 SE and Motenergy Me11115 PMAC motor. I really need to get my torquepro display monitor to work.

torqueprodummy

Hooked up to a linux laptop I find the folders but cannot copy csv to extendedpids. I installed total commander on tablet and see the folders but still cant write/copy to extendedpids

torqueprodummy

Just connected an old win7 laptop and had no problems copying csv file from download folder on the tablet to the extendedpids folder. However, when I go to add predefined set the Curtis does not show up as an option. What gives?

cintakc
on: April 3, 2022 (GMT)

it’s not enough to put a set of PIDs in a folder /extendedpids
you need more on the Manage custom OBD2 PIDs tab
do an Import CSV file

torqueprodummy
on: April 3, 2022 (GMT)

I lucked upon that last night. The thunderstruck docs are wrong or only applicable to a presumably older version of the app. It states and shows that the Curtis option should be listed under vehicle/manufacturer when selecting add predefined set. Apparently all it takes is importing the csv.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.

Follow me on twitter