Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Google Play Update

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Google Play Update
Vigness
Post Google Play Update
on: March 14, 2022 (GMT)

Have a quirk in my Google Play Update that has me scratching my head.

Background – Old LG phone died, got a new Samsung. Did a back up and restore, no problem… kinda.

When I go into the Google Play store on my phone or PC, Torque does NOT show up in my list of installed apps.

But if I do a search for Torque on my phone, then it shows up as installed. Was going to check for updates when I found this. I have to turn off automatic updates because of some work apps.

App Status page shows me at version 1.8.16. Am I up to date and just don’t know it, or what?

Vasilich
Post Re: Google Play Update
on: March 15, 2022 (GMT)

even with automatic updates turned off you still can update apps you want manually.
And – no, 1.8 is old. Check the changelog as pinned thread in forum.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Make sure you’re signed into the Google Play account that originally purchased Torque – app purchases are tied to the Google account that purchased them and then updates are always free

If it’s not showing up as purchased, then it’s likely the google account that you are currently using did not purchase Torque, so you’ll need to login to the Google Play account that did purchase it originally

Vigness

I’ve tried the two Google Accounts that I know of, and neither of them show Torque as a listed app. Do I have any option other than repurchase?

The other fun part, is that while I’m logged in on the same account between PC and Phone, the PC says I don’t have any devices.I have not been able to purchase on the PC and send to the phone to install in longer than I can remember.

Trying to add a device to the PC goes nowhere.

FWIW, I do see the Torque Lite I tried before purchase.

Vigness

Well I at least got Google Play Store to add / recognize the new phone. Had to create a dummy account, log into it on the PC and phone, then log back into the original Google account.

Bad news is I still don’t see Torque Pro in my listed apps. Is there anything on the app itself that can be used to track the Google account? A screen shot of something maybe?

Steffe2
on: March 16, 2022 (GMT)

Well, it should be visible in the purchase history of the account that bought it. I can see that I bought my copy in November 2016 after a bit of scrolling.

Vigness

Yeah, that’s the problem. It’s not in there, so I can’t get updates. As far as I know, we had an old gmail account, and I have a new one and she has a new one. I’ve logged in with all three, and I can only find the lite on my current account. I remember trying the lite before purchase, but I can’t find the Pro in any of the three accounts.

I’m at a loss as to what account it was purchased under. When i look at my installed app, it’s there, but there does not seem to be a way to do updates other than through the Play Store, not even from within the app itself.

Vigness

Just noticed something else, not sure if it will mean anything to anybody. When I go into the regular app info screens and into Torque. Under the App details in store, it’s grayed out and says App downloaded from Smart Switch ( The Samsung transfer utility, the previous phone was an LG )

Vigness

Okay, this is getting to be a royal PITA.

Per a suggestion for problems with another program, I cleared the Cache on Google Play Store and rebooted the phone. I have no idea if something like that is possible on the PC.

It still does not show in my installed apps on the PC, but when I go to the play store on the phone, it’s right there at the top of the list. Says it was updated ten days ago to 1.12.98

But when I open the app from that page and go to Adapter Status, the version is listed as 1.8.16

My first thought would be to uninstall and reinstall, but I’m leery to do that with it not being listed in my purchased apps.

piemmm please point me in the right direction.

Vigness

And lets add another piece of weird info.

Looked at the info in the play store for Torque Lite to see when it was downloaded, and is says I USED the app yesterday. But Lite is not installed, and I used Torque Pro yesterday.

slipknot10
on: March 17, 2022 (GMT)

It only costs a few bucks. You obviously had a cracked copy and come on here and complain that you have to buy it. Don’t insult the developer by suggesting it’s expensive or not worth the asking price

Vigness
on: March 18, 2022 (GMT)

Not trying to blame anybody, and I have no problem in repurchase if necessary. I was just hoping to figure what’s going on.

I agree I have a problem of some sort, it just bugs me what it is. My normal job is a bit of problem solving in a different field. This is kinda like a dog with a bone thing. I’ll fight it for a while, and will probably wind up repurchasing if I can’t solve the problem. To me that’s kinda like giving up.

I still find it weird that the play store says I used the lite that I don’t have installed when I used the Pro.

Jadugniko
on: March 18, 2022 (GMT)

Quote from Vigness on March 14, 2022
Have a quirk in my Google Play Update that has me scratching my head.

Background – Old LG phone died, got a new Samsung. Did a back up and restore, no problem… kinda.

When I go into the Google Play store on my phone or PC, Torque does NOT show up in my list of installed apps.

But if I do a search for Torque on my phone, then it shows up as installed. Was going to check for updates when I found this. I have to turn off automatic updates because of some work apps.

App Status page shows me at version 1.8.16. Am I up to date and just don’t know it, or what?

i recommend to fix your old LG to see your account

Suzuki Ertiga
Toyota all new Avanza 2018
Kingbolen elm327 v1.4 bluetooth.

Vigness
on: March 19, 2022 (GMT)

Both previous phones are operational, just not worth fixing. All under the same Google Account. The only other thing I can think of is if one of the kids got it for me. Not a likely, but a possibility.

Will check with them in the next couple of days, and if not them, then I guess I’ll waive the white flag and re-purchase.

I will probably get teased by them for forgetting what account I got it under. I may just re-purchase and avoid that.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.045 seconds.

Follow me on twitter