Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Failed to init text to speech engine

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Failed to init text to speech engine
Van_Van
Post Failed to init text to speech engine
on: March 2, 2022 (GMT)

Hello!
Sometimes when starting on new versions of Torque, a message appears on a red background: “Failed to init text to speech engine”. At the same time, Torque connects and works well. What is this message and can I get rid of it? At first I thought that it was a bad update of the old to the new version of Torque, but no. A complete reinstall didn’t help. Thanks.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Failed to init text to speech engine

Hi!

This was a message added to notify when the TTS engine (used in alarms, warnings, etc) failed to initialise. Previously it did not notify anyone.

I’m interested to know why it’s not working on your device however, as you say it’s not all the time? Can you let me know what device you have so I can try to reproduce it here?

Van_Van

I have an Itel A45 smartphone. Based on your description, I’m beginning to wonder why. This smartphone I only use to run Torque in my car. So I disabled/frozen the maximum number of programs and services. Apparently because of this, this notification pops up. It does not always appear, in about half of the cases it does not. I will try to figure out which service needs to be unfrozen so that this message does not appear. Thanks!

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Thank you for the reply! I’ve had a quick look at the actual error that is sent back when Torque tries to initialise the text to speech engine – though it is just a ‘generic’ error (meaning that something wasn’t available when the android TTS engine tried to initialise)

This ties in with that you’ve said so far, so I’m guessing that the TTS engine (or it’s supporting components like voice files) aren’t present or installed/enabled – in the services it will probably be listed as ‘TTS’ or along the lines of ‘TextToSpeech Engine’

Van_Van

Yes, I understood what it was about. I’ll try to defrost one service at a time and find which one cannot be stopped. I just stopped all the services related to voice conversion, because I do not use them. Now everything is clear, the direction of the search is clear! Thank you for a great program!

Vasilich

Actually i would expect that if you haven’t configured any alarm or notification, then the voice engine shouldn’t start/be initialized.

Van_Van

I solved the problem, found the Google voice service and turned it on. This notification no longer appears. Thank you very much.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.

Follow me on twitter