Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Backup/restore

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Backup/restore
rdracer66
Post Backup/restore
on: February 27, 2022 (GMT)

So I don’t use torque pro that often. Mostly on road trips, I recently had the need to use it to try and detect a code. When I opened up torque pro it was like it totally reset itself. No vehicle profiles setup and all my displays that we’re normally there we’re missing. I still have my old phone that loads it fine. I made sure all my files we’re in the new location org.prowl.torque so I’m not sure what to try next. I’ve moved files using windows and using my files on my Samsung S8.
Please help
Thanks,
rdracer66

rdracer66
Post Re: Backup/restore

forgot to mention, I did uninstall torque pro and reinstall. Just to make sure it I had a fresh start.

rdracer66

Now to add insult to injury. I just tried to use my old phone samsung s7 that was running torque pro like it use to has now either updated while I had it powered on or I screwed something up while copying files. I think it updated while I had it on over wireless. Please help I’m starting to lose my mind. I will not go through the entire process again of setting up this app.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Do not move any files from the .torque folder

In the settings->backup/restore choose the ‘copy from legacy .torque folder’ option this will copy most of the files over that you need to the new location,whilst leaving you with a backup of the old data in the old .torque folder

If you have extended PIDs, due to a small bug (which is fixed in the next beta), instead of pressing the back button to get out of the settings, press the task manager button and ‘slide/quit’ the app instead of the normal way, then restart Torque. You will then find all your files and PIDs correctly restored.

rdracer66

I tried that before with no success. But just did your steps and it worked on my new phone but not old phone. Honestly don’t care about old phone just wanted to try and get the files off that. What is best way now that everything is setup the way I want it to backup all my settings?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

The best way to backup existing settings is to use the backup and restore function in the app (be aware that if your new phones screen size and DPI is different you may need to reposition displays slightly afterwards)

If you want the data from the old phone (and it is still inside the old .torque folder) then, best way is to learn by looking at the existing backup zip file:

* Make a test backup zip file
* Open that file up and see the contents
* Get the files from inside the .torque folder on the old device if you need them.
* Put the files in teh correct location (basically it’s just a copy & paste all into the same location) – this should be pretty obvious and straight forward

or

Get the beta as this now has a fix in that should work on both phones to import the legacy .torque folder (then you can do a backup and export the zip file once it’s imported)

rdracer66
on: February 28, 2022 (GMT)

Thanks I’ll wait till the newer version comes out. Everything appears to be working as it should.
Thanks for the help.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.

Follow me on twitter