Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Transfered Torque Pro, have Torque Lite behavior

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Transfered Torque Pro, have Torque Lite behavior
Torquest
Post Transfered Torque Pro, have Torque Lite behavior
on: February 26, 2022 (GMT)

Transferd from Moto G5 android 8 to Moto Stylus 2021 Android 10

moved .torque folder, installed Torque Pro from Play Store.
Torque comes up with all my old displays but just basic displays working… RPM coolant temp, cat temp, however temps and voltages for Prius inverter and all 14 battery blocks are blank. When adding new display these items are listed but are not highlighted. It seems like I do not have the “Pro” version and these sensors are not available. Removed and re-downloaded app.. phone shows I have the Pro version (have been using for 8 years on previous phones)

Have 4 screens of displays and not looking forward to starting from scratch.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Transfered Torque Pro, have Torque Lite behavior

Hi!

You do not need to move the .torque folder – in the Settings->Backup and Restore there is a function to copy the .torque folder correctly from the old location to the new location – use this and your data should be ok

If the displays were not working it will likely mean that not all the files were correctly copied when it was done manually, or that the app was running when you did it manually (then overwrote half the configuration when it saved it’s current configuration, which will have been different)

The internal settings option to copy the data also preserves the original .torque folder so nothing is changed in the old location (basically leaving you with a backup)

Torquest

I discovered that I had not updated Torque Pro on my old MotoG5+ for a long time so the version I had didn’t have the backup/restore function. I updated the app on the old phone and when I opened the app it had been reset to original blank start from scratch screen. I found the “copy from legacy .torque folder” and ran that. My dashboard layout came back but now it is the same as my new phone (Moto Stylus 2021), where only a few gauges show values.

Update! Success!

From “Torque Settings” “Backup/Restore all settings” “Factory reset” “YES” Then “copy from legacy .torque folder” then open the flashing blue profile notice top of screen, select Prius1, wait for Bluetooth to connect and FINALLY… real time data!

what is strange is on the new phone I discovered this procedure by accident/trial and error… but when I went back to my old phone to recover from the update that had reset Torque to default, I had to repeat the procedure three times before it worked.

Thanks Piemmm for the response that made me realize I hadn’t updated my app for a long time if ever which eventually led me to stumble upon resolution!

piemmm
Administrator
on: February 27, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback – I’ll see if I can improve the import function some more in the next update!

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.

Follow me on twitter